Option To Choose Btw Browser Page Alert And Popup Alert Fr Blckd Webpage [M765]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently alerts for blocked websites are shown in the browser which isn’t a 100% reliable, especially not when using Ask instead of Block.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like the option to have it show a pop-up instead, like the firewall alert. (i.e I should be able to choose between browser page alert and pop-up alert)

If the Website Filter is set to Block then a pop-up similar to this could be shown:

If the Website Filter is set to Ask then a pop-up similar to this could be shown:

4. Why you think it is desirable:

• In browser alerts are not 100% reliable, for example they don’t always show and other times clicking Ignore for downloads will start the download over and over again forever until the tab is closed (harder than it sounds with new windows popping up every second)
  • This would make website filtering for other applications easier, say you set for example .exe to Ask for Everyone, that would often block applications from downloading updates and you wouldn’t get an alert, however with my wish you’d get an alert where you can allow the application to connect to that website.

5. Any other information:
This wish would require the Website Filtering to have application based rules, I can see why that’d be an issue so another solution is to do what I’ve asked for but instead of making rules for certain applications when they try to connect to a blocked website, it would make the rules globally.

Clarification for the other way it could work (Note that this is not for the main wish, it’s another way to go about it!):

• Applications are mentioned (to see what application needed access to it)
  • Your answer would be applied system wide

[li]So if you answer Allow with Remember my answer unchecked then it allows that system for the session.

• But if you answer Allow with Remember my answer checked then it adds the site to an Allow Exclusion List which would then automatically be made into an allow rule if it wasn’t already.
    [/li]

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

hi Sanya IV Litvyak, if you don’t mind may i add something to your request 88)

thank you.

note:
Moderators, please delete my post if it’s useless or Sanya IV Litvyak’s request

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m not sure about that, basically at the moment you can choose between Block, Ask and Allow and I believe Block is supposed to block it without giving an option to allow it without having to go to the options, this is useful for example if you want to block your kids from visiting certain sites, but if we add the option to not block the site again then we remove such blocking options and the kids can just click to not block it again. Besides if we add that then we are making it into an Ask rule instead of Block which makes the other Ask alert redundant and results in only having the options Ask and Allow without any option for a complete Block.

Does that make sense?

Chiron, Please move votes from my [url=https://forums.comodo.com/waiting-area-please-cast-your-votes-cis/web-filter-blocked-site-warning-should-not-depend-on-scripts-w26-t103401.0.html]post [url] to here. If suggested improvement will be exist in CIS, I will not see the ugly and unreadable message anymore. I hope :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I understand. However, if you’re asking about changing your vote, you should be able to. There is an option to remove vote. If you do that it will then allow you to vote again.

Is that what you were asking about?

Thanks.

No, I am talking about moving here all votes that my post have been accumulate till now.

I may be misunderstanding, but I can tell you that each person is only allowed to vote once for each poll. Does that answer your question?

I know :slight_smile:

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this Wish has already accumulated the required 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.