Option for CIS to create firewall rules if "Do not show alerts" is checked

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
If “Do not show popup alerts”>>Allow requests option is checked in firewall settings, CIS does not create rules enties in aplication rules section. It just either allows or blocks access.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
If “Do not show popup alerts”>>Allow requests is checked in firewall settings, “Create rules for unknown applications” option should become available. If checked CIS should create default allow rules in application rules section, similar to auto rules creation for safe applications if “Create rules for safe applications” is checked. However, that option should be disabled by default.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
This will help advanced users to keep track of programs using the internet if “do not show alerts” setting is enabled. Also, it will be helpful if you install CIS for your friend/relative, who is an average user, because you can check later and make corrections to the firewall rules, if needed (since application rules have priority over “do not show alerts” setting).

5. Any other information:
N\A

I think the general idea is for advanced users to disable the option to “Do not show alerts”. Thus, it is meant mainly for novice users or those who do not want to mess with their configuration too often.

Also, if default allow or block rules were made, wouldn’t this mean that if a user later decided to disable this, and create the rules themselves, they would first need to go through the extra work of tracking down and removing all of the rules which were created? If so, then I worry this may actually end up making more work for advanced users.

What do you think, or am I misunderstanding your request?

Thanks.

hmm… Ok maybe auto create only “allow” rules then?

I just think that leaving “do not show alerts”>>allow option is kinda lowering security a bit, since you allow everything out (cuz incoming connections must go through global rules first)…on the other hand there aren’t really many times when you need to block a program’s outgoing connection.

If CIS were to auto-create only “allow” rules, there won’t be any need for advanced users to delete them. So it will be same as creating rules for safe applications…just for unkown ones.

Perhaps make it an option so that those who don’t want rules created can keep it that way? I believe that would satisfy both stances on this, no?

Making it an option works for me too.

It can be grayed out unless “do not show alerts” is chacked.

Okay, please edit the first post to show how you would like to see this implemented.

Thanks.

Done

Okay. I made some minor changes to the first post and added a poll.

Let me know if everything seems correct. If it is I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

Yeah, it looks good.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I’m writing this reply as a heads up. The rules for Wish Request processing state that a Wish cannot stay in this area for more than 6 months. Thus, there is less than a month’s time left for voting for this topic. Once it is September 22nd I will move this topic to Rejected (unless it receives at least 15 points before the end of the voting period).

Thus, if you have not yet voted, one way or the other, about this Wish Request please do so ASAP.

Thank you.

I’m sorry, but as it has been 6 months since the Wish Request has been submitted, and it has not received the required 15 points, I am forced to move this Wish Request to Rejected. I hope you understand.

Please note that if you wish you are allowed to create a new Wish Request for this same wish as long as you wait at least 1 month since the time it was moved to Rejected. This only applies to Wish Requests which were moved to Rejected because they sat in the Waiting Area for 6 months without receiving the necessary 15 points, and were moved to Rejected only for that reason.

Thank you.