OPSWAT Security Score BETA - Check your protection

OPSWAT Security Score is a free tool that scans your computer for the status of your installed security applications and provides a score along with recommendations on how to improve both the score and the security of your device. Download it now to find out your security score!

Just tested myself. Very good. By far the most accurate application I ever used. Try it… It’s FREE.

http://www.opswat.com/products/security-score

That’s funny: this tool gives to my comp:
Firewall - 0/5 - because windows firewall is off (though I have CIS fully enabled)
Antivirus - 0/30 - it hasn’t detected that I have CIS 6.0!

:-TD

Ha ha ha LOL! I use Comodo firewall I got 5 out of 5. I use Comodo AV I got 28 out of 30. I take my comments back. It might not work for everyone :slight_smile:

Got same result. AV- 28. FW-5

No that is not the case for sure

(quote edited by me)
Yeah that is most likely “why” :wink:

Basically, it performed quite well, including the fact that it’s just beta
Several (other) things were identified correctly

Same scores for Firewall - Comodo & AV- EAM : respectively 5/5; 28/30 … but there are reasons

I’m not sure that it has a “big & bright future” 88) , but still - it’s not bad at all at the moment

I will try to report later re: pros & cons when I have more time

Cheers all!

:slight_smile: look forward to

“OPSWAT Security Score is a free tool that scans your computer [size=10pt]for the status of your installed security applications and provides a score along with recommendations on how to improve both the score and the security of your device.”[/size]

“status” (rus. статус «положение, положение дел, общественное положение, гражданское состояние») - What is the status of ? on what criteria defined? it defines a robot? or council of physicians? :smiley:

http://www.opswat.com/sites/default/files/oesis-architecture.png

Q: 88) how AV\IS in stock on PC and what enabled and what Settings ?

Do not even think about it
I will ignore any thread where you post whether it is in this or Russian forum

:D Cheers all!

English only on these boards, thanks.

Well, thanks kial, but that is not a problem a all.
There are many multilingual people here in the 1st place
There are many who can use translations available or willing to learn
The main problem was posted to you & some mods by PM … sure - not easy to comprehend … I’m not blaming you & definitely you don’t want me to be explicit here in this open forum about the issue(s)
Regards

Well it is, since English must be used on the English boards. Other language boards are provided for non-English languages.

Understood. Your PM has been passed on, in full, to the Mods and they are discussing this issue.

Very clear to me. Status is for general operating security applications in your system based on security industry and market research reports.

“The OPSWAT Security Score tool is powered by OPSWAT’s OESIS Framework, a development toolkit that can be integrated to solutions to enable detection and management of antivirus, antiphishing, backup, patch management, firewall, public file sharing, hard disk encryption and many other types of third party applications. Security Score uses OESIS to scan your computer for the presence of these types of applications and to get information about their current status. This information is then used to generate your score.”

“OPSWAT’s score calculation is based on security industry and market research reports, over ten years of expertise in the security field, and feedback from leading security technology vendors on the relative importance of the categories and status of security software.”

Edit: “Q: how AV\IS in stock on PC and what enabled and what Settings?” That is something I’m not sure as well. I can try contact them.

:slight_smile: has been edited: “status” ( rus. статус «положение, положение дел, общественное положение, гражданское состояние»)

In this context I would imagine that the status of the security applications would amount to something like: Up/OK, Down/Bad or Out-of-date.

:slight_smile: thanks, kail

In this context: Status (statūs — lingua Latina) — abstract disambiguation, generally denotes the set of stable parameters of the object or subject.

OPSWAT™ — key words: OPSWAT Certification

For home users OPSWAT Certification — in this context: “Make sure your products are OPSWAT Gold, Silver and Bronze Certified to minimize hassles with your technology solutions!” (Benefits)

COMODO Group, Inc — OPSWAT Certified Partner

which OPSWAT-certificates (Gold, Silver or Bronze Certified) in products (for home users) Comodo Group, Inc ?

Comodo Group | Comodo Internet Security Pro 2012 5.x | Antivirus & Firewall | BRONZE

(Certification LevelsCriteria for Antivirus | Criteria for Firewall)

resume: OPSWAT Security Score & Certification — nicht gut shag ! (rus. «ни гуд махорка»)

Erm no. I use Comodo firewall I got 5 out of 5. I use Comodo AV I got 28 out of 30. It gave me a high score with CIS. How is that for «ни гуд махорка»?

If you are talking about products which are not registered with OPSWAT. It’s few anyway. Almost all registered with them. Also the test itself is very basic yes but many even will fail that since a lot of people don’t know how to protect their PC’s.