Operating System Installation CD

Heyy Frenz,
My cousin has got Win 7 64 Bits HP Laptop. He didn’t received the Operating System CD when he got the laptop. If for some reasons he have to format the system how will he install the OS? Do they save the OS Installation somewhere in the laptop? If I can make one from the saved file how can I? What other things or info should I gather before the format?

Another query is, my Bro have got Win Vista 64 Bits HP Laptop. He too didn't got the OS CD. At that time there was an offer that after Win 7 is released, a CD will be given free. Now he has received the free Win 7 CD. I guess an Upgrade or Fresh Install both can be done, m I right?  What other things or info should I gather before an Upgrade or before a Fresh Install? What will be good an Upgrade or Fresh Install?

Thanxx
Naren

laptops that come with a pre-installed OS but no recovery CD/DVD usually have a hidden recovery partition that’s invoked through some key combination during boot. You’d have to look on the manufactures site to find out what that combination is.

Personally, I’d perform a fresh install, upgrades have a habit of including all the useless baggage.

I have seen something like recovery in my cousins laptop. Drive D is named as recovery. When I tried to open it, it gave a pop up mentioning important system files dont damage the files, something like this. That may be the OS installation? It was few gb’s in size. Well now looking at HP website.

Thanxx
naren

This could be of some help in your search : http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/09/how-to-avoid-200mb-hidden-system-partition-from-been-created-during-windows-7-installation/

Unless HP have changed their method of accessing the recovery options, when you get the HP logo after boot, press F10 until the recovery screen opens.

Thanxx helping out frds. I checked out HP site & found the info I wanted. If I need help further would definitely trouble you frds.

Thanxx
Naren