Opera browser and CFP 2.4

hi,
I installed CFP and it’s working fine. but a time after a Win start-up CFP blocks Opera (Logs → App Access Denied) despite Aplication Monitor Opera rules “Allow TCP/UDP In/Out”. other applications (IE, Skype) still have access to the internet. I don’t know what to do, so I reboot Windows and everything is fine, but after a time Opera loses the access to the internet again.
what to do?

I’m using: Win XP Pro (SP2), Opera 9.21, CFP 2.4, internet cable, login as admin.

migawka: Hi & welcome to the forum.

I have Opera 9.22 without problems with CFP 2.4. Perhaps there’s some other rule or Component Monitor file blocking Opera? Maybe there are some alerts that you incorrectly denied. It would help to post screenshots/logs.

https://forums.comodo.com/help/important_please_read_before_posting-t9388.0.html

there is no one blocking rule concerning Opera in Component Monitor as well in Application Monitor. in fact I didn’t ‘deny’ any alerts.
I upgraded Opera to 9.22. I removed all rules concerning Opera from Application Monitor and reboot Windows. run Opera, than ‘Allow’ all alerts.
Opera worked fine for about 1 hour. than I entered a Web page with video clip played by Windows Media Player (v 11). CFP asked, I ‘allowed’ and the Opera was blocked.
I enclose screenshots of logs and logs in HTML (remove .txt ending). at the end of the HTML file there is the blocked content.
DropMyRights.exe is an program to skip the admin rights by using Opera.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DropMyRights is the parent program (i.e. the program that loads Opera) and it was blocked. When you deny the parent executable from loading another executable to connect to the internet, it blocks both. This is part of the anti-leak features of CFP. It’s strange how you didn’t deny any alerts yet your log shows it denied…

I know the purpose of DMR, but never used it. Perhaps there’s another forum user that understands this better as I only know it’s definitely related to this program.

Try this: Manually add an Application Monitor rule to allow Opera.exe TCP/UDP out access by specifiying the parent as DropMyRights.exe

See my sample picture for the location.

I confirm I didn’t deny any alerts. I clicked ‘Allow’ and till the entering web page with WMP Opera worked fine.

done. didn’t help

I must admit this has me stumped! My remaining suggestions:

do you mean ‘Submit a Ticket’?
it’s sad, after Win reboot Opera hasn’t access to the internet. CFP logs show that something was blocked but I wasn’t asked. (i didn’t reinstall yet)

Yes, go ahead and submit a ticket. They are the official support team.

Detail any blocks that you have in either the Application Monitor or the Component Monitor. Also can we see a CFP Log entry of some of these alerts? They give more detail. CFPs Log (Activity tab) can be Exported to an HTML file (right-click on the Log). Open the HTML file with your default browser and use a simple click-drag-select, Copy ‘n’ Paste to post example Log entries here. No need to post duplicates. These will be useful to Comodo Support if you raise a Support Ticket anyway, they do look on here.

I checked once again and I don’t have any blocks in either the Application Monitor or the Component Monitor. enclose SS of part of them.
enclose last logs with blocks.
I raised a Support Ticket already

May sound like a silly question… have you rebooted since this issue occurred?

What do the Application Monitor settings for DropMyRights.exe look like?

Those SVCHOST rules look… odd. Firstly, SVCHOST.EXE is not directly used by a user… this CFP categorises as a Component & it should not really be in the Application Monitor. And secondly, the destination IP on one of the rules is an Internal LAN IP… not something that SVCHOST usually goes to.

I made it (check my « Reply #7 on: Today at 08:18:23 PM »). but now I did it once again and it’s strange because Opera gains access to internet. I have to check the web page with video clip.

What do the Application Monitor settings for DropMyRights.exe look like?

there is no separate settings for DRM in the AM

Those SVCHOST rules look.. odd. Firstly, SVCHOST.EXE is not directly used by a user.. this CFP categorises as a Component & it should not really be in the Application Monitor. And secondly, the destination IP on one of the rules is an Internal LAN IP.. not something that SVCHOST usually goes to.
I don't understand the SVCHOST process. what it has to do with the subject matter?

UPDATE: when I entered a web page with video clip (WMP v 11) Opera lost access to the internet.

So the trigger is WMP11 video clip. Curious: Is your Component Monitor in On or Learn mode? Also, in Security > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Configure, what are your first 4 options like (i.e. which are enabled, which are disabled)?

learn mode

That rules out my suspicions :-\

When CFP was installed were there other software running? I ask this because it’s been reported many times before that software conflicts causes strange issues that aren’t obvious. Hence, my first suggestion to reinstall CFP in safe mode.

Here’s the backup script in case you choose this method and want to save your config:
https://forums.comodo.com/help/script_to_backup_cpf_firewall_settings-t2366.0.html

That rules out my suspicions

I changed them to have more control over CFP

When CFP was installed where there are software running? I ask this because it's been reported many times before that software conflicts causes strange issues that aren't obvious. Hence, my first suggestion to reinstall CFP in safe mode.
I'm not quite sure, maybe Opera. Didn't reinstall yet.

UPDATE: I reinstalled CFP in safe mode. didn’t help.
enclose logs after reinstall; I clicked ‘Allow’