OpenDNS vs Comodo Secure DNS

Interesting article here:

And now Comodo blocks malware:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-now-blocks-malicious-malwaredomains-t61951.0.html

Yep…we started blocking Malware domains today :slight_smile:

Melih

And Comodo Secure DNS tested out to be faster than Sunbelt’s ClearCloud. ;D

Thanks!

No more open DNS and CS DNS.
Try Norton DNS Service. More Fast and Secure.

Norton DNS Service —————————-> 198.153.192.1, 198.153.194.1

http://www.grc.com/files/DNSBench.exe

BlacMoon- Are you kidding? Norton allowed my computer to get infected without putting up any kind of a defense and also allowed the Hosts File to be corrupted on 2 different occasions one of which led to the computer crashing. This abysmally poor job of protection cost me $50 and there is now absolutely no chance that I would ever trust the Norton DNS Service or any other service offered by Norton after they let my computer down on so many occasions.

Thanks to Melih for saving us from the clutches of those companies like Norton which provide pseudo-security while charging a fee to let our computers to become infected. I’ve been using Comodo for over 2 years now without one single infection on either of my computers and Comodo provided that excellent level of protection for free!

~Maxx~

Maxx, he is talking about Norton DNS, not NIS or NAV.
The detection of malware links based on my experience with MDL and malc0de is this: ClearCloud DNS>Norton DNS>Comodo DNS.
You can also check some reviews on YouTube.

Plus, Norton DNS has Web Content filter (like OpenDNS).

BTW, how did you get infected if you are protected by CIS? >:-D
I think Norton DNS is not 2 yrs old yet…

siketa- As I said I was using highly ineffective Norton security software to ‘protect’ my computer at the time of the infections that eventually crashed my computer. Please forgive me for my massive distrust of Norton software for failing my computer so miserably that I will never trust any of their products ever again after Norton’s complete and utter ineptness caused my computer to crash.

I know the difference between computer security and a DNS service, but Norton burned me so bad that I will never have another piece of their software on my computer nor their DNS numbers in my computer. Sorry, but Norton really blew it with me several different times in a very big and unforgivable way.

As long as I have the virtual space of Sandboxie to run my browser in and Comodo to protect my computer I have no need for any inferior software or service that Norton has to offer even if it does cost a lot more!

~Maxx~

Hehehehe…ok, I got it… :wink: :smiley:

Would you be able to be more specific? I have used CIS for several years but personally have had too many issues with it, although I do appreciate that in the right, skilled hands CIS is an unbeatable tool. I need something less demanding of my attention and time and currently use a mix of tools, but still looking for that illusive “all in one protection” that might my life a bit easier. I was considering Norton due to excellent reviews and better useability than CIS.

So, back to my question, specifically what issues have you faced with Norton? Thanks.

Since Comodo bought dns.com. Will We see Comodo Secure DNS like OpenDNS?

You will see that, and much more.

I really recommend everybody, taking side on Comodo Secure DNS service.
They have lots of good things going on right now, and for the future.

You can give it a try, FOR FREE, in here:
http://securedns.dns.com/

if i get accepted in the signup. Because i already signed up but haven’t got my account yet.

I tried Norton and it looks nice but performance was very poor. I specifically had problems with it blocking some images in Google Maps and other normal web pages. This was on several occasions so I don’t tink it was validly blocking malware sites. It did however stop a good number of malware sites in my tests.

Also tried OpenDNS and use it one computer, but its malware blocking is VERY poor, at least the free version.

Anyway, hope Comodo DNS improves and become the leader, it is looking good so far.

As far as I know, OpenDNS free version, doesnt have malware blocking. Paid product does.

^Poor malware blocking, basic malware/botnet protection. Paid product superior. Maybe the old malware stuff. But i like the stats they given you with OpenDNS and 25 whitelisting and blacklisting sites you know that you don’t want to see.

The privacy policy for Secure DNS is the general Comodo privacy policy, meaning there is no information specifically for Secure DNS.

Obviously every site you connect to is send to Comodo (any DNS provider, for that matter). Is the information analysed, stored, shared with other companies, sold? Are (no) logs kept or are they deleted after a while?

I know there is no real privacy on the internet, but I would like to know what the situation is.

The stats is what i like in OpenDNS. Norton don’t have those things like in OpenDNS when you have an account on it.