open ports [Resolved]

hey chaps, just installed the firewall and have used the rules for setting up a network found on these boards.

my problem is when i do an online scan it shows icmp (type8), location service (type135), netbios (type 139) and ftp (type 21) protocols as open.

i do not know much but i know this surely isn’t good, any help chaps?

Hi and welcome,

Do you use a router or any hardware firewall? If so make sure its firewall is turned off - otherwise this is what you are testing, and not CPF.

Mike

wow! thanks for the speedy reply there.

in answer to your question, no i don’t have a router or hardware firewall. the network is via a network cable and the only firewall i have is comodo. hope this helps get to the bottom of it, do you need any more details?

wow! thanks for the speedy reply there.

Your welcome.

in answer to your question, no i don't have a router or hardware firewall. the network is via a network cable and the only firewall i have is comodo. hope this helps get to the bottom of it, do you need any more details?

Can you try the beta CPF and see if this solves your problem?

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1216.0.html

Also, can you tell us what site you are testing CPF from?

Thanks,
Mike

ok i will try the new install.

the site i was using is http://scan.sygate.com/

i’ll let you know how this goes. thanks for everything so far chaps and heres hoping!

Ok, good luck. CPF should pass these tests easily.

Mike

thanks mike6688 it now passes the online scan.

i do have one problem now with not being able to get a connection to the internet on the other computer. do i have to write a new rule or set up a new network? sorry with all the questions mike6688 and thanks again for all your help!

If you don’t have a router, how is your other PC connecting to your modem? You have a switch? Or 1 PC has 2 NIC’s? Is Internet Conection Sharing being used here?

Sorry for more questions than answers… but these will help us help you ;D

Your “new network” idea may be on the right track… unless you already have a Trusted Zone setup already.

A screenshot of your current Network Rules might help as well.

P.S. I’ve marked this as resolved since the original issue was taken care of.

no problem, it will be one or the other of what you’ve just mentioned. fantastic response, i’ll be recommending this to my friends. thanks again

Glad to hear its resolved vin209. Again welcome to the forums, I’m sure you and your friends will be very happy with Comodo.

Mike