Open Office Printers not available when Defense+ is active

Hello and apologies if this has been asked already. I tried to do a search but didn’t come up with anything.

I have Open Office 3.3.0. and CIS (free version). I can print fine from everything ut Open Office. For some reason, with Defense+ active, the printers are not available to use. However, if I disable Defense+ and then run Open Office Writer, the printers populate and work fine. I can’t find a setting to allow it to work properly, but as I am not a technical person and probably should have my license to operate a computer revoked…

Interestingly, I have 3 other computers running Open Office and Comodo and none of them have this issue.

Any ideas (preferably with specific directions on how to resolve the issue written for an idiot)

thanks!

Can you post a screenshot fo the D+ logs (View Defene + Events) of around the time you start Open Office and when you starting a print from OO?

Here you go! Hope it helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the logs. On a side note you posted the same image twice.

Can open Open Office and post a screenshot of the Active Processes showing the Open Office process and its sibblings? Active processes are under Defense + → View Active Processes.

Are you using a stable version of OO or are you using a beta version? The reason for asking is that I would expect OO to be a safe file and therefor not sandboxed.

Oops, see, I told you I should have my license to operate this thing revoked. Anyhow, I have attached the print log as well.

As far as I know, I installed the regular version of Open Office as I am barely qualified to operate the regular version. :slight_smile:

Here is the active process list (or at least what comes up from a print screen) If there’s a better way to do this, let me know.

I don’t see Open Office in the list. Can you post the second half of the Active Processes list while Open Office is running? It is likely in the tree under Explorer.exe.

Here you go. Thanks again!

Please try the workarounds in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5].

Thanks, I de-installed CIS and then reinstalled. Once I did, it told me it sandboxed OO. I then told it to trust the OO bin and exe files and it seems to be working now. Not sure why OO didn’t work with CIS, perhaps something I did when I originally installed OO on the laptop. Or, it is possible my wife ignored a warning when she used it. Though, you would think that, at this point, OO would be recognized as trusted in the base CIS.

Thanks for the help.