Open a port in firewall.

Hi everybody in comodo forums. I am not a new user of comodo. I am using this about an year. But I have a problem now. I want to open a port for utorrent but can’t find a way to do that. Can you please help me out.

Lastly I want to thank Comodo for making a lion-strong firewall free for us. The v4 is great… :comodomarryme:

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you want a way to forward a port for utorrent, you may have to switch products. :-\

I just spend 30 mins in chat with support, and even after a remote connection session… the port in the comodo firewall is still not open. He set up a ton of rules, made the program trusted in 10 places, etc, etc, etc… and that still wasn’t enough. ???

If the experts who are trained to support the program can’t do it in 30 minutes… I’m guessing that it simply can’t be done.

To support: Will there be an option in the future that will allow us to easily open/forward a port? Is there a reason that it isn’t already possible?

Depending on the version you run you may need to make some extra changes.
uTorrent works fine on 3.14.x and can also work on v4.

You need to follow the Guide here

Also for version 4 please make sure to verify if the “All applications” rule still has the “Block IP in any any” and remove that rule, in the current version they have dropped that also because it caused trouble for ports allowed on Global rules still getting blocked by this rule.

I have never had to open my port for uTorrent. All I ever had to do was allow incoming connections and it has worked perfectly with the green check mark and the port forwarded properly. I have never needed to do any of the things spoken of in the guide. I just allow incoming, CIS makes the rule and that’s it.

You do have to somehow remove the new block all incoming connections rule though in V4. I recommend just deleting it instead of messing with the stealth ports wizard which I have never used.

I just made FAQ topic about how to deal with p2p clients in the new situation. The link is in my signature.

@Dch48: I am using v4 and I have stealth my ports because there are a huge no of network bot attacks. I observed that when I used KIS.
@Ronny: I am not sure if this tutorial help as I already used utorrent and made it ‘trusted’.
@EricJH: I am not sure if your suggestion worked.
See this attachments…
the text file contains the mac address of my computer. The first 5 images are showing the steps I have taken. Next two Images shows that port still not forwarded. But last image shows that during download I am getting some upload speed, also green tick is there…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please check the firewall policy Applications tab and see if “All Applications” is there… if so please remove it’s “Block” rule.

[at]Ronny: atlast your this link works
https://forums.comodo.com/guides-cis/firewall-tutorial-for-utorrent-with-comodo-internet-security-t15677.0.html
I deleted the rules for utorrent from firewall>advanced>Network Security Policy>Application Rules. And then followed the instructions. I also followed this

Go at Firewall -> Common Tasks -> Stealth ports wizard and select Alert me to incoming connections- stealth my ports on a per-case basis

Thanks a lot… But I think there should be an easier option to do that… Because common users are not intended to seek help in support forums…

I think the MAC portion of the Destination is what caused the issue, because your internet connection is running over PPP and that adapter does not have the same MAC address as your LAN interface.

right… I was confused with that. I tried both, all lead to same thing. But after following your link, all is OK now…

I have never used the stealth ports wizard and all my ports still show as being stealthed with the default installation. “Stealthed” is an invention of GRC anyway. Closed is just as good.

Hi Dch48,
There is a technical difference here.

Stealth = not responding to any packet probe, so unable to determine if the IP is actively used or not.
Close = received a TCP RST packet or ICMP port unreachable for UDP probes that nothing is listening on this IP on that port, thus the IP is active I was only poking the wrong port.

Knowing if the IP you are “attacking” is active or not is pretty important for the attacker, and does also pretty much increase port-scanners speed etc.
Scanning a Stealth host takes way longer that one that sends TCP RST packets, not to mention you can then start OS detection probes etc to find out what OS is used on the attacked device, number that by 256 addresses if the attacker is after a medium/large company network and there is some sense in being “stealth”.

Regards,
Ronny