OmniPage Pro 14 exe reported as having virus!

CAVS is refusing to allow OmniPage Pro 14 to run, by placing the omnipage14.exe file in quarantine. OmniPage has been working fine for months, until recently when CAVS started disabling the .exe file. According to CAVS, it has the virus: backdoor.win32.agent.lb.

Could someone please explain how a genuine copy of OmniPage could become infected?

Regards,

Gordon

It could be a false positive.
if you think its a good app, then you can “exclude” this app from being scanned by CAV so that it won’t catch it as a virus.

Can you also pls submit this file for analysis just to be safe.

thanks
Melih

Thanks Melih,

I thought it must be a false positive, and I have already tried to exclude it - but CAVS is still detecting it. I’ll try again to exclude it, and let you know what happens.

Gordon

OK Melih,

I’ve now managed to exclude the program successfully, and OmniPage is now working again.

Many thanks,

Gordon

I forgot to say that I’ve already submitted the file for analysis.

Gordon

Ok great.
thanks

Melih

there are 2 places that you have to exclude it from
1)on access scanner
2)on demand scanner

these are effectively 2 different scanners built into one application and both have exclusion capability

if you don’t exclude from on access scanner, then everytime you launch the app CAV will catch it and quarantine it

if you don’t exclude if from on demand scanner, then everytim you run a scan the CAV will catch the app.

So pls make sure to exclude it from both.

thanks
Melih

OK, I’ll ensure I exclude program with both options.

Thanks for great software.

Gordon