OMG! My Brother KILLED my "Firewall" H E L P M E P L S!

(R) SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! MY BROTHER “DELETED” ALL THE ITEMS IN “FIREWALL”----“ADVANCED”----“NETWORK SECURITY POLICY” AS WELL AS ALL THE ITEMS IN “DEFENCE +”----“ADVANCED”----“COMPUTER SECURITY POLICY” >:-D

ALMOST ALL OF MY PROGRAMS INCLUDING INCLUDING MY ANTI VIRUS DONT START AT BOOT UP AND I’M GETTING “HUNDERDS” OF COMODO POPUPS. >:-D

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BY TELLING MY WHAT THE “MAGIC FIX” IS. :a0

I ALREADY USED THE “DIAGNOSTICS” OPTION AND IT SAID IT CORRECT SOME STUFF BUT NOTHING I’VE NOTICED. (:SAD)

P.S. ANYONE WANA TAKE CARE OF MY LITTLE BROTHER >:-D …HE’S GOT 10 BROKEN FINGERS (:AGY) AND HE’S NOT ABLE TO PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS *** HOLE (:AGY)

how about uninstalling it and then install it fresh?

Melih

Hell no!!! Not unless the problems with uninstalling it that i’ve read here have been resolved!

Any other option?

if the diagnostics corrected something i also still recommend reinstalling. just uninstall in safe mode and use a registry cleaner. also, maybe you should start exporting your settings once in a while. :wink:

what uninstalling problem exactly do you mean ???

errr maybe this is a silly suggestion 88)
if your PC is clean (no malware) how about set the firewall & D+ to training mode for a while? it will reduce the pop up i think 88)

edit:
perhaps this topic could help your uninstalling issue?
how do you uninstalling CIS?

If i would have exported my settings would that export put back the deleted stuff

Thanks i’ll give “Training Mode” a try.
As a someone once said…“I’ll be back”

CIS program files folder should also have 4 .cfg files to restore the different defaults.

In alternative you could switch to one of the four configuration still available.
The best choice would be Comodo Proactive Security but Comodo internet security profile could do (you may be wiling to enable few options in this latter profile)

WOO HOO all is now well. I switched to “Trainung Mode” for both “Defence +” and “Firewall” then rebooted. Thank You for the help.

it worked? wow ;D
errr,remember to switch it back to higher level (clean PC mode or safe mode) after sometime as training mode will learn & allow everything.

btw, can someone confirm that it’s OK to do this?
maybe after the “training period”, he should edit some rules on network/computer security policy?

Weren’t the policies stored in the registry? Wouldn’t then a system restore do the trick? Not sure.

Hey and Nosnibor!!! Invoke a password for your computer login so that the little ■■■■■■ >:-D doesn’t reblast your computer configurations ;)(:LGH)
Cheers :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)

I’ve got three(3) levels of pass code on my LapTop two(2) right in the BIOS(Power On Pass Code) and a (Drive Lock Pass Code) and then my LogOn Pass Code. The little ■■■■■■ waited till I went outside for a 420 and got in B4 my Screen Saver kicked in which has a pass code to get out of screen saver mode. never Never NEVER again will I walk away from my PC with out locking it down!!!

To lock your pc you can press windows key + L

ref: http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/key/

or on my laptop i use Fn+F6

err, about your post here

you still have problem? ???
how about reinstalling ??? it’s the best solution i think,could save you some hours handling those popups. 88)

does this mean you have problem uninstalling or you’re just afraid to uninstall? ???
if that’s the case, you can do system restore before uninstalling CIS, if anything bad happen, you can restore your system back. :stuck_out_tongue:

(beside you’ve only broke 10 of your brother’s fingers, he still have 10 fingers left if anything goes wrong ;D )

Yes I’m still having problems

----Uninstalling----The very first time i installed CFP i Had a BAD & CORRUPTED install n it took a lot of time n hard work to fix it so i could install it properly (n i don’t remember all the procedures i had to go through to fix it). I’ve read here that a lot of ppl have HAD problems uninstalling CFP and subsiquently had problems reinstalling it as well. Has this “Uninstaller” problem been corrected? Do i just use “Add and Remove Programs” to uninstall it? Do i use the "Uninstall feature in the start menu? Do i need to do it in “Safe Mode” in my “Account” or in “Admin”?

Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated as i think the best “FIX” for my situation would be to reinstall it & then sell my brother to a work camp in “Siberia”

(:NRD)
this is what i do when i uninstall/reinstall things:

1. create system restore point
    To create a Restore Point
    Access the System Restore Wizard through Help and Support Center.
    Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
    In the Restore point description box, type a name to identify this restore point. System Restore automatically adds to this name the date and time that this Restore Point is created.
    To finish creating this restore point, click Create.
    To cancel restore point creation and return to the Welcome to System Restore screen, click Back.
    To cancel restore point creation and exit the System Restore Wizard, click Cancel.

2. uninstall on safe mode via add/remove program or you can use revo uninstaller :-TU

3. reinstall CIS on normal mode

whatever happen after CIS uninstallation/reinstallation, you still can restore your system back & kick your brother’s ■■■ 88)

I just read all about “revo uninstaller” and i think i’ll give it a try.

I’m going2 uninstall CFP in safe mode using “revo uninstaller” then i’ll reinstall it in normal mode n pray all goes well.

I’ll come back n let ya know the results.

(R) I’m back (:WAV) I uninstalled CFP sucsesfully…I think :THNK
When I goto “Windows Security Centre” it say under “Firewall” that CFP is on and active although there is nothing in “Program Files” referring to CFP.

In the “Registry” I think some items are still referring to CFP. See Screen Shot #1 below. In the registry under “COMODO”–“CPF” and “ComodoGroup”–“cmf” do these items refer to COMODO Firewall?

In screen shot #2 do any of these items refer to COMODO Firewall? (Also in screen shot #2 it shows “LaunchPad” but i removed LaunchPad from my system. Can i safely remove the reference to LaunchPad?)

Your help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]