Old Skype Installer Questionable

Awhile ago I found this old installer for an older version of Skype (5.1.0.112) on oldapps.com. It has since been removed, and I can no longer find another installer for this version that works. This brings me to the problem

The other day, a computer on my network reported that my Skype installer was some type of malware, which could very well be true, however it works fine, and doesn’t seem to cause any problems. I was hoping someone could take a look at it and see if it does anything fishy, because I cant find any other installers for this version that actually work. I dont recall what Comodo reported it as, and it is no longer recognizing it as a problem, but just to be sure, here is a link to a compressed download of the installer.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wpw3cpo48l65314

Many people would just say, ohh, why don’t you just use the latest version of Skype? Well to answer that, I hate the latest version! It seems that Microsoft removes a bit of functionality with every single update, and I am sick of it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi fatguy1121,

Thank you for your submissions. We’ll check these.

Regards,
Priyadharsini.G

So is there any news Doc?

For this situation please post in Post here your unfixed FP’s (only after 2 days)

Hi fatguy1121,

The sample you have submitted is not detected by Comodo Internet Security version <6.0.264710.2708> with database version 15961.

Please make sure the Antivirus Database is updated and check again.If detection is still present, please submit the file with screenshot along with details about the environment on which this event occurred.

Regards
Srinivasan.G