Oh my god! Security Policy got screwed up!

Got the latest version 3 update (3.0.17.304 to whatever the latest update is) just a few hours ago and it ■■■■■■■ up my whole security policies where I couldn’t even click on one program! I didn’t have permission for anything after reboot. I couldn’t even enter the registry or security policy control panel to change anything! This new update hosed my system. I had to reboot into safe mode and (wheeew!) it allowed me to access system restore which I had a restore point two days ago and hadn’t done too many changes. Thanks a bunch COMODO!!!

Bummer,
I believe your policies were wiped by the update, as were mine. Although there was somewhat of a warning message to this effect (at least for me) implying that my configuration was unsafe unless I started from scratch.
I did however, have to ASSUME that this was a message from Comodo since there was NO indication in the message itself as to which piece of software I was forever altering - no logo, no words like “firewall” or “Defense”…and since I had just ran updates on a good six applications or so - it was a ■■■■ shoot.
So back to square one…more than anything I miss “parent applications” options…

…and as for the Defense+ animation that happens to appear directly in front of the “deny - allow” buttons for the firewall, obscuring it so one must constantly click-click-click just to get to them…that’s just a flawed design…

There…I’m done venting…

ha! I did get that message but I thought it was because I clicked on my webbrowser right after install. You are right that it stated nothing about where the message came from.

I’m not using Comodo anymore until further beta testing resolving this terrible error.

www.ThreatFire.com seems to work nice! Got real good reviews and it’s free!

Thanks!

"…and as for the Defense+ animation that happens to appear directly in front of the “deny - allow” buttons for the firewall, obscuring it so one must constantly click-click-click just to get to them…that’s just a flawed design…

There…I’m done venting…" (quote bt Comofo)

I agree, unfortunately, it seems there are more of these annoyances with each new release (:SAD)

Should have exported and then imported your settings.

Indeed…a reminder to do so would have been the height of courtesy.

…As for ThreatFire, I’ve heard good things, but my personal experience with that software was unpleasant. I was really uncomfortable with all of the ■■■■ that came with it (HJT scan) - and it was a bear to clean out of my system entirely (I was finding pieces of it months later).

I was so in love with 2.4 that I’m willing to endure any issues that are caused by a blend of 3.0 bugs and my own ignorance and lack of technical acumen.

Besides, I’ve now devoted too many hours to attaining the limited understanding that I now possess.

Anything worth a ■■■■ is usually going to require some effort, patience and attention.

Yes that was unforgivable!!!
An automated program to export and import would have been nice too.
However I didn’t suffer any real grief with the update, so shouldn’t complain too much.

I did remember to save my settings but the new version would not import them.

Thank you all for your feedback. I’m bring this thread to the attention of our developers so that these concerns can be addressed.