Off-lineUpdate?

I along with many others gleaned from the posts given in this forum have had problems updating Comodo. I updated a while back from ver. 3.9 to 3.13 with no problems. I have not been able to update to the latest ver. of 3.14. I keep getting that error 113 and a message about my internet connection disconnecting. I check the Comodo/Temp folder and I see some file for 14 meg resident there.

Has it every occured to Comodo to offer an off-line update capability? This “clean install” ■■■■ is a bit much since uninstalling and reinstalling Comodo CIS is always an iffy proposition. Most commercial software does their updates off-line. An example is my Symantec Endpoint suite. An off-line update bypasses all these “blocking” issues such as hardware firewalls and other real-time malware scanners.

Is this what you’re looking for:
https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help/comodo-database-updater-unofficial-t49824.0.html

I’m not sure if there’s an easier way.

From what I can tell, this a beta ver. off line updater for Comodo AV definitions.

Again this is a step in the right direction but not what I am looking for. First, I only use the firewall portion of Comodo. I am looking for what is basically a batch update installer. In fact, I really don’t know why Comodo doesn’t have this since batch installers are easier to develop than online updaters.

Again using Symantec as an example, you download a “patch” which has a built-in installer. You just run the .exe which unzips and fres up the installer that performs the off line updating.

The latest version of Comodo needs a clean install.

It’s an unofficial program by one of our members.

Again this is a step in the right direction but not what I am looking for. First, I only use the firewall portion of Comodo. I am looking for what is basically a batch update installer. In fact, I really don't know why Comodo doesn't have this since batch installers are easier to develop than online updaters.

Again using Symantec as an example, you download a “patch” which has a built-in installer. You just run the .exe which unzips and fres up the installer that performs the off line updating.

As far as I know there are no plans for this kind of updaters. You will have to use the build in program updater until further notice I’m afraid.

OK. I will just wait till ver. 4.0 is released which in all likelihood will require a fresh install.

I again emphasize that an un-install, reinstall of a firewall is a very undesireable event. I am pretty sure I infected myself two weeks ago when I uninstalled Comodo 3.13. It was one of those “brain cramp” moments. The type where your not paying attention to what your doing. I forgot to disconnect my broadband ethernet connection and it appears a really nasty trojan snuck in, disabled half my AV services, trashed all my AV definitions, and trashed a few more AV services. It then proceeded to trash WIN XP.

So if you need an example of a need for an off-line updater, you have it. Being a vigilant PC person, I do image backups on a regular basis. So, recovering from this was not a major activity.

When doing a clean install remember to enable either Windows Firewall or disable your network connection.

Other than that you can use the program updater in the program its self.