Off Line Updating

I have a computer that is never online. I use it for the younger kids to play on and so have it setup with some games but no internet access, not even on the network. Some of the kids want to do homework on it from time to time so they bring in the files ona USB key. needless to say I want an AV solution on the system for this reason but I am not willing to give it net access directly for updates.

Is there a way I can download the updates from another machine, put them on a flash drive and then install them?

You have two choices.

1. You can download “bases.cav” from the following link, which is always the latest AV database, start your system in SAFE MODE and replace “C:\Program files\comodo\comodo internet security\scanners\bases.cav” with the downloaded one. You can also copy this file from a system having CAV and regularly updating from net.
    Comodo Anti Malware Database Latest Version & Additions 2023

Pros. easy method.
Cons. CAV still shows that it is not up to date. Almost like hacking CIS.

1. Install “Comodo Offline Updater” on a system with Internet, configure it properly (I would explain this in detail if you want), it downloads updates and puts them in a folder. Copy the contents of the folder to your system via a Pendrive.

Install “Comodo Offline Updater” on your system, configure it to use this folder. Configure CIS to use this local source as a proxy.
Topic & Source Page
https://forums.comodo.com/10551086108810911089108910821080-russian/comodo-offline-updater-t54363.555.html
Direct Download

CIS identifies this and updates to the provided latest database.

Pros. CIS updates properly, including all components and version updates along with TVL lists.
Cons. Little difficult to start with and configure. Needs “Comodo Offline Updater” which has it’s own requirements.

Note: If you choose to go with the second option, please let me know and I will give you the complete details of configuration and setup.

gonna need a bit more help with this. If I am correct:

Install program on internet connected system to get update files. (not sure what configuration you meant in your post.

Copy update files to the flash drive

Install prorgam on non internet PC and configure to look at flash drive for update.

I would like the more detailed info for this update method.

OK.

Follow this link. I explained the procedure in detail in the first post (which I recently edited).

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/guide-for-comodo-offlinemanual-updateupdate-without-internet-t71260.0.html

Go through it thoroughly and ask me if you have any problems or doubts.

Edit: Added a few screenshots in Reply#4 for more clarity.