Odd Conflict and mystery IP

I have 2 computers on a network, vanilla Linksys router. One of which uses old software and is XP sp2. The other one is Windows 7 with Comodo.

When I boot up the Win7 comp, I get conflicts between the two. Typically this means the two are trying to use the same internal address BUT, I see Comodo on my Win7 machine discovers a new network. This new network has an address of 169.254.206.43 which is way off the grid. This is what disturbs me.

I seem to be able to resolve the issue by manually assigning IPs to each machine instead of using auto assign. Comp 1 ending .100 and comp 2 ending .101.

Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Welcome to the forum liamwolf :slight_smile:

Please read here.

Dennis

Well that answers one question and creates a new one.

Perhaps Windows 7 is the culprit here, since recently with Vista I would not have this issue. Guess that’s a beta for you.

Thanks for the info!

CIS works like a charm here on Win 7. There seems to be a problem getting an IP address.

Can you show me screenshot of your Firewall logs and Global Rules? They can be found under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events and Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy → Global Rules.