Now my printer doesn't print [Resolved]

Ok, with help from others here I finally got thru the BOClean false positive thing. I decided to give Comodo’s products a try and now I can’t get my printer to print. I have a feelling it is something to do with the configuration but I can’t seem to find what. My info is below as to what I have/did. Anyone with ideas?

• The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed
    v 3.0.14.276

• Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc)
    dsl

• Operating system and Service Pack Level
    Win XP sp2

• How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User)
    user

• Other Security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc)
    Comodo AV & BOClean

• Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP.
    Kasperky AV, older BOClean [I think 4.25], Zone Alarm free - all removed prior to install of Comodo products

• Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP.
    none

• Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem.
    Printer comes up with error and cancels printing. I’ve tried the troubleshooting tutorial and no luck. I cannot print from any applicatin or from a command prompt.

• Please inform us if you have created any custom rules.
    none

Lance

*Whoops - Just realized this should be under v3. If a mod could move it I’d appreciate it.

Does the printer print if you shut down CFP? You could try to disable the Firewall part and the Defense+ part, separately. If disabling the Firewall part, don’t forget to disconnect from the internet or temporarily enable Windows Firewall.

/LA

Thanks, I got it to work by dl’ing a new driver from HP & restarting the spooler.

I’m glad to hear that!

I’ll mark this as resolved. If anyone wish to open this topic again, just send a PM to any moderator.

/LA