Not well documented...

I installed the VPN at home server, created user & network. Went to visit family over easter, connected to their network, installed on my laptop, logged on user & network, and optimistically tried to access my home server. Though I was apparently on the network, I sadly couldn’t see my home server.

I looked through the help file, about how to create a connection, etc, but nothing about how to access a computer after you have joined the network.

Only after I joined the support forums here and read the response to brihy1 that I found out someone has to accept the connection at the remote PC.

This makes the product totally useless to me. That’s okay, it’s free and you don’t have to make a product to meet my needs, but it would be good if at least you would note that prominently, especially since you call it a VPN. Users do have certain expectations about what that means, and when I tried to access the server from my laptop, I got no message or indication that I was waiting for someone to accept a connection; no information at all, except the indication that I WAS connected to the virtual network I had established, so it was just totally confusing.

So just a suggestion from someone who appreciates your other products – if you choose not to support unattended access, at least let it be known. Don’t keep people in the dark – it only makes their disappointment worse when they finally discover this after wasting pointless hours figuring out this “easy” product.

Unattended connections will be added. Comodo are currently evaluating several different methods to ensure security.

Hang in there.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I feel the pain, too. Same thing.

Perhaps, there is a compromise? For example, if one could use the same login on home and office PC, this could be treated as “special” and allow unattended connections? I cannot be at home and in my work place at the same time (miles apart), but I surely know my own password.

I can see why one would NOT allow connections without a manual “ok” from the other side when users at both ends have different logins.

Thanks for a good start.

JSH1024

Hang in there. Remember - Comodo are experts in security and authentication.

When they get it, they will get it right.

I probably sound stupid asking this, but I don’t know how to transfer files using EasyVPN. I’ve used Hamachi and the process for transferring files was simple and straight forward. I haven’t seen any documentation about this. Nor have I seen any documentation about the remote desktop function.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

G’day,

Assuming that there are two people in an EasyVPN chat session (person “A” and person “B”) and A wants to send a file to B. Click the “Send file” button on the toolbar in the chat window and you should get a standard file window, allowing you to select the file to transfer. When you select the file, B gets a notification in his chat window asking him whether he wants to accept the incoming file from A.

Assuming that there are two people in an EasyVPN chat session (person “A” and person “B”) and A wants to take over the screen of B. A clicks the “Remote” button on the toolbar in the chat window. B gets a notification in his chat window asking whether to accept the incoming connection from A.

Both functions are as simple as that.

Hope this helps,

when i tested the remote function on two of my computers, and accepted the incoming connection, I was notified that I was connected, but nothing else happened. I did not get a window showing me the other computer’s screen. And after about about a minute, I received a notification that the connection has been disconnected.

Can you check your firewalls logs and see if there any any blocked connections? It should just work!

Hi,

We’ve released a new EasyVPN with a lot of fixes which should fix the remote problem you’ve stated.

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_about_comodo_easyvpn/comodo_easyvpn_106529758_released-t39153.0.html

Thanks,
Shan.