Not remembering any settings (keeps asking)

Firefox asks for server right, I grant it IN/OUT on 127.0.0.1 ANY port.
Restart Firfox. Same alert that asks for right. WHY? It has ANY.
Why does Comodo then ask for right for each port again?
(and Firefox never uses the same port so if ANY don’t work I will get a HUGE list of entries :frowning:

I though it only didn’t remeber the parent, but know I have duplicate entries for each parent so I doesn’t ask for that, but instead for each port even if ANY is entered allready. If I need duplicate entries for each port as well it’s starting to get a bit annoying (to put it mildly :slight_smile:

Why doesn’t Comodo understand “Ignore parent” and “ANY” port and keep asking?

Hi Lars-Erik

Can you please post the corresponding CFP Log entries with these alerts (cut ‘n’ paste from an HTML export is better than screen shots). Also is your Component Monitor set to ON or LEARN MODE? Thanks.

Here is the log as an attachment. It still popup warnings for each new parent trying to start Firefox, even when I have checked the “Skip parent check”. Now I try to register an entry for each parent, but still it ask for new confirmation when I grant for 127.0.01 TCP IN/OUT for new IN or OUT entried. Seems like I need to make separate entries for IN and OUT on each parent as well. So somthing is not working.

Ups… Need to come back to the log… The network monitor for some reason have flooded the log so the application events were gone… Why is the log filled with these entries. Wrong setup:

Date/Time :2007-01-29 19:37:58
Severity :Medium
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description:Outbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP = PORT UNREACHABLE)
Protocol:ICMP Outgoing
Source: 192.168.1.57
Destination: 62.179.100.30
Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 5

Hi Lars-Erik

I also get those ICMP Port Unreachable messages… apparently they are not needed & will be ignored by whatever server they are going to (not sure about P2P clients, which I don’t have). It was discussed at length on the forums. I get so many that I added a silent block rule of these outbound types in the Network Monitor.

In any event, these are not related to your issue. To make it easier to find the related Log entries, you could temporarily exclude Network Monitor messages from the Log view… right click on the Log - “Log Events from” menu & deselect the Network Monitor.