Not receiving promised e-mail containing activation code

I’m entirely new at this. Forgive me if this is not the proper forum for my question.
I have downloaded and installed Comodo Personal Firewall and Comodo AntiVirus. I have never received an acknowledging e-mail from Comodo regarding the firewall or the AV. When I’m presented with the window (nagging screen?) that says my trial copy of AV will expire 30 days from inception and I click on the Get Free License Now button, I’m sent to a Web page to DOWNLOAD the AV, say, which I do even though I don’t need another copy, but the promised e-mail never arrives. I do not have any spam-catching measures in force. I think perhaps for some reason (maybe having to do with the numerous downloads I’ve made while fumbling with attempts to obtain the license?) Comodo does not see fit to send the license and activation codes or any communication that might help me do whatever is required. Is my situation unique? I have two desktop computers and a laptop that share my Internet connection. Other than using the same Internet connection and e-mail address, the units are not “networked.” All my machines have Windows XP (SP2) installed. I’m attempting at present to use the Comodo products with just one of the units. Somewhere I’ve noted that Comodo does not offer support with its free software. If someone has insights that might enable me to solve this communication problem with Comodo before February 10th, I’d be grateful.
Thanks.

G’day and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, your Comodo software WILL NOT stop working after the 30 day period. All that will happen is that you will get the nag screen on each boot.

The usual reason that people don’t appear to receive the activation email is that it gets caught in their spam/junk filter, but you aren’t running any of those.

I have PM’d you with an activation code you can use to activate the firewall. Please post back here if this works.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi,

I notice from your forum registered email address that you are a Verizon customer.

Verizon for some reason are not relaying the activation emails to their customers.
I have reported this to them…but they haven’t replied to me.

It would help if you too could report this to them…it might nudge them into action.

And anyone esle who is a Verizon customer reading this post…please report an issue.

Below is the type of error we are getting from their mail server:
2007-01-12 07:36:02.372417500 delivery 2034936: failure: User_and_password_not_set,_continuing_without_authentication./216.126.201.71_does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:550_5.7.1_Unable_to_relay_for(whatever email address@verizon.net/Giving_up_on_216.126.201.71./

And we have many more failures for Verizon customers.

We know the email address is valid as the customer emails support from it.

Garry

I use Verizon DSL and the same thing has happened to me. I was able to get the activation code using my work e-mail address, but activation does not work - I get an “unknown error” message.

It is true that the firewall continues to work after the trial period expires, but rather than the nag screen appearing after every boot, it appears every day whether I reboot or not.