(NOT-ALL-RESOLVED)CIS 3.8 468 x32 allows all outgoing connections without perm.

Hi Breen, when you uninstalled CIS did you also remove all the entries in registry? I noticed that comodo uninstaller leaves behind many junk in the registry. However is very boring that everytime there is a new version we can’t simply update, but we have to uninstall the older version and make a clean install (:AGY)

Well ,477 didn’t work for me with a clean install - used Revo to remove debris.
Back to 3.5.- 439 ,working fine.
Are they still looking into this or is it allegedly “fixed”?

Well if you have still problems you should post your config and devs will check it againg, however for CIS clean install means clear system. For me update and clean install (yes I cleaned registry) didn’t work, so if You have time you could reinstall windows and then install CIS 3.8.

As I posted I cleaned registry but I had 3.5 first, than 3.8, than again 3.5 so I had qite mess in my pc.

If reinstalling Windows is the solution then this program needs a lot of work.
Config is:
WinXP SP3
Was v3.8.65951.477 (the one causing problems)
Currently v3.5.57173.439 (removed with Revo ,installed 477 ,removed with Revo ,back to 439)
Avast AV
No other security running.
Windows XP pppoe

I’ve removed and reinstalled both versions and 439 is the one that actually shows anything in ‘Network Defense’ -
477 showed 0 for everything.

That enough info ?
Ask ,I’ll add more.
Thanks

Now all working. Good fix :BNC

Can you expand a bit on what exactly is not working and how you tested that ?
I could we be that there is still some problem there, but most users report now that it is fixed…
Also please post you connection details, like Network Adapter, connection type, Ethernet/PPP/PPPoE etc…

Not currently running 3.8.65951.477 as it doesn’t appear to be doing anything.
As posted :
Windows XP w/sp3
Windows XP pppoe
Intel Pro/1000 CT Network (onboard)

1. Unable to have the program ask for permission -it blocks completely.
  2. Appear’s to be allowing everything -in or out -without asking/blocking.

And as an FYI ,the uninstaller doesn’t quite remove enough for a clean install.
As I posted ,need to run Revo to get the reg files and some system files off so I can install the 3.8 stuff.
I’m on 3.5 ,as shown ,until something starts working in 3.8.
The suggestions so far were:
Reinstall windows xp
Remove AV program
Remove AdAware -didn’t have it at first but do now.

I’m open for common sense solutions as I’ve grabbed at the straws already without resolve.
Thanks

Agree, i would never recommend a “Reinstall windows” unless you have been seriously infected.

Was 3.5.x the first version you installed on this system or did you ran 3.0.x previously ?
It’s not normal that a 3.5 and 3.8 install won’t clean up all the mess, only thing that should remain in the registry are a few keys from the services and driver that it can’t clean up in normal mode because they are locked in the registry.

Could you sum up all Security software installed being active and/or passive ?

Today I wanted to check how firewall without CAVS works so I uninstalled AV. I don’t know why but FW was not showing any traffic like in ver 471. I installed AV component and I got blue screen :/. I unistalled CIS in safe mode and made clear install. Now works fine, but I think there is still lot of work to do to make CIS stable and efficient.

BTW. Some users have reported that they still have problems with FW and PPPoE, so maybe I changed the post title to fast because it is not 100% resolved?