Not able to complete a scan of my drive.

Hi,

I have still not been able to complete a on demand scan of my drive. After a few thousand files have been scanned the process stops and I have to kill the process. After that my computer is sluggish and I have to reboot. I have seen the “fix bugs” thread that talks about problems similar to this one, but I was wondering if there’s something I can do to be able to perform a complete scan?

In all other respects the program works great, but I would like to be able to complete an on demand scan now and then.

//C

What version of CAVS do you have?

And, does it always stop at the same point in the scan (the same file or folder)?

LM

Version information:

Build Version : 1.1.0.3
DataBase Version : 1.1.1.181
AllowDB Version : 2.2.0.9
Program Updates Version : 1.1.0.10

No, it does not stop at the same place every time. That would have been easier to deal with I guess.

As I thought. CAVS 1.1 had some problems with scanning; typically on large files (such as image files) and compressed (zipped, etc) files.

In CAVS 1.1 there is not a fix or workaround that I’m aware of.

With the current Beta 2.0.7.14; well, any of the 2.x Betas, that issue was fixed and is not a problem.

2.0.7.14 is very stable and well on its way to becoming a final release. At the moment, the download link is offline, due to hardware/forum/webserver upgrading that Comodo is doing. You might keep your eye on it, though… http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe
as it should return shortly…

At any rate, rest assured that Comodo found the problem due to user reports, and has addressed it. That doesn’t help with v 1.1, but will for the future…

LM

As you mentioned the download link is dead. Is it really nowhere to download the beta right now?

//C

:cry: Sadly, no.

I’d offer to email it to you, but it’s too freakin’ large (25M) to be casually emailing around… Unfortunately, it’s a wait at this point.

I will contact Comodo to see if they have an idea on when that will server will be back up.

LM