Noobie needs help for blocked access to files

Thanks in advance for any help.
I’m new to firewalls. Since instaling Comodo firewall I’ve encountered a problem. I play Civilization 3 and have a utility that reviews save game files called Civ Assist. Since using thefirewall when I try to open a save game file I get a widows message saying access is blocked. I’m guessing I must have clicked “block” and “remember this action” when prompted by the firewall at some point.
How can I confirm this is the problem and how can I correct it?
Thanks

Go to the D+ rules. Find a rule for your utility and delete that rule. Apply. Launch the utility and allow it :slight_smile:

Oh sorry - you have version 2 right ? Then just delete the rule for your utility and launch it again, but this time allow it ;D It’s almost the same as in V3 :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

No problem. Don’t forget to post back the results :slight_smile:

It worked initially. Oddly enough it was in D+ as a trusted application. Why would that result in a blocked access to a file?
I said initially-after deleting the rule in D+ and getting it to work, it gave the same blocked file message with a newer saved game. I’m deleting it again. After 15 (at least) D+ alerts (I’m waiting for this to actually run as I post) the app starts and I get “access blocked” again. OY!