Noob questions on CIS Complete 2011

Hello,

New here. Just wanted to ask some questions on CIS Complete 2011. I see that it is a “complete suite version”. As this is my first time to try it out…a couple of questions here:

(1) Can I make a custom install of CIS 2011 complete? ???

I remember in CISver 5 free you have the opton to install antivirus component/GeekBuddy and for “firewall only / with D+ / Max settings”…

I may not be able to use all the features as my pc is limited in resources at the moment(waiting on some more funds to upgrade it to Windows 7 capability – as of the moment it is an old P4 3Ghz 3gb-ram…have no timetable but since the cost is yet still a bit forbidding…).

(2) When I have upgraded to a better pc, can I perform a “change install” on the existing installation or, uninstall/re-install with the features I will select? ???

(3) Are there any special instruction how to:

• uninstall ( Is there a removal tool for this?..I once saw a topic in the Comodo forums about a removal tool…

https://forums.Comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cleanup-to… Is this recommended or can I just use RevoUninstaller free or Appremover? If there is a removal-tool, can you give me a link? Thanks:)

• removal of remnants (for a clean install)

• custom install / custom re-installation (-- when I have upgraded)

(4) If there is no capability for “custom install”, can I use the license for either CIS Pro or CIS Plus? ???

(5) On this version, are there any issues with:

-Malwarebytes (I have Pro version rarely use it as realtime, at on-demand)
-Superantispyware Pro (not using it right now but just asking if there are any reported issues when used in realtime)
-HitmanPro free(installed)
-CCleaner(installed)
-RevoUninstaller free(installed)
-Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 free(installed)
-Puran Defrag Pro(installed)
-TuneUp Utilities(not installed)
-AppRemover(not have used this but just asking)

(6) Any tips on using the suite?

Some might ask, “why not just try the Pro or Plus version instead of CIS Complete 2011…” yes…I recently have obtained a legit license for it and as stated in (1)…pc that I am using is old and awaiting upgade…

Hope for assistance for a new member. :wink:

Gapp :slight_smile:

(1) Can I make a custom install of CIS 2011 complete?

Yes You Can; You can choose to whether Install AV/Firewall or Geekbuddy
Your Computer will run it just fine

(2) When I have upgraded to a better pc, can I perform a "change install" on the existing installation or, uninstall/re-install with the features I will select?
Cannot complete a change install; you'll have to uninstall/Install

You may back up your configuration
CIS > More > Manage My configurations > Select Current Active > Export
And once you install CIS you may do an import of your configuration

(3) Are there any special instruction how to: - uninstall ( Is there a removal tool for this?....I once saw a topic in the Comodo forums about a removal tool...
CIS has an already good built in uninstaller- You may use Revo Uninstaller/Appremover, or even the Batch file thats located where you are thinking of
- removal of remnants (for a clean install)
You may use the batch file that you have found
- custom install / custom re-installation (-- when I have upgraded)
Follow The Instruction to back up your configuration, other than that it's the same process to uninstall / reinstall
(4) If there is no capability for "custom install", can I use the license for either CIS Pro or CIS Plus?
CIS Complete has included features as you would get with CIS Pro/Plus put to gether.. Please See Here http://forums.Comodo.com/empty-t57273.0.html
(5) On this version, are there any issues with:
-Malwarebytes (I have Pro version rarely use it as realtime, at on-demand)
Don't use realtime :) thats my recommendation
-Superantispyware Pro (not using it right now but just asking if there are any reported issues when used in realtime)
Don't use realtime :)
-HitmanPro free(installed)
No Issues
-CCleaner(installed)
No Issues
-RevoUninstaller free(installed)
No Issues
-Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 free(installed)
No Issues
-Puran Defrag Pro(installed)
No Issues
-TuneUp Utilities(not installed)
No Issues
-AppRemover(not have used this but just asking)
No Issues
(6) Any tips on using the suite?
Don't forget to use the forums or 'help.Comodo.com' or Brain.exe :P

Its not recommended to have Two AV/M/S Products Running at the same time (Realtime)

and Welcome :slight_smile:

Regards

I wrote this article about how to install and configure Comodo Firewall. You can follow its instructions on how to configure the firewall, Defense+, and sandbox portions of CIS if you like.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello,

Really appreciate the reply to my questions.

@Jacob,

Okay it pretty much covered all my questions. If I have additional questions/observations I will post it here in the forums.

@Chiron,

That was an informative guide. I have printed it in pdf and will review it and check how I set CIS ver5(free). Will post if there are any questions.

Hi Jacob,

A couple of inquiries more please:

—I just tried to install CIS 2011 Complete and was surprised to see that there was not any option to custom install. There wasn’t any option even when I attempted to do a “change install” via the Control Panel…Am I doing it wrong…? Maybe a guide please…
Would like to use the remainder of my AV so I will need to select a custom install. So far the installer only gives me “Install CIS 2011 Complete” other options are to install Trust Connect/Activate CIS/Install Comodo Dragon…ect…

Will wait for your reply.

Thanks again!

Gapp:)

Sorry Gapp for the late reply; as i’m out for a few weeks;

It seems that you can’t do so; because then you could not use virus guarantee;
So, If you wish to have AV and not the guarantee you can download a free version
If you wish just to have the Firewall and not AV you can download the free version
Any other paid-software from Comodo (TrustConnect/Online backup etc) you may do so via CIS Complete Installer

Hope this helps

Regards

Hi Jake;

Oh is that so. I’d just like to hang-on and finish my license on my AV now and afterwards will try the whole suite out. When I encounter any problems/issues I will post it here. Thanks and you have a good one:)

Gapp