noob needs help :o(

hi i got a virus an by mistake i press to allow it all access maybe even always remember always trust too
i donno i mess up bad lack of sleep probly lol neways i dont see how to work the configs

i deleted them but ooh man there gone alright an not comming back i never saved b4 i deleted
i just thought it would build a new 1

so do i have to reinstall to get the internet security configs back ?
its on proactive security right now an i donno if this is bad

im just new user maybe a week now so any help i can get is great thank you

Good day!

Welcome to the comodo forums,

I see you managed to get rid of a possible virus and when doing so you accidently deleted some configs settings in your current installation ?

The current CIS has many predifined configurations and it is sensible to export the default configuration right after you installed CIS, this way you have a backup when your configuration gets messed up.

I see you switched to pro active security, because the internet security configuration got messed up, well you should be fine with this configuration. In fact, this configuration gives you even better protection!

hi sorry i post in wrong spot i look around but this forum is confusing theres a lotta stuff gooing on lol
an ty for come to help me :■■■■

ya i deleted my internet security cfg an when i switch to pro active security an rebooted i was locked outta my pc untell now
i couldnt even turn off my pc i even hold the power button but it just pop up a window say i had to be admin
or no permission something like that so i had to just flick the switch by the powercord

an boot to safemode login as admin go to folder C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security
there i found the Internet Security Cfg so i open comodo still in safemode an load that Internet Security Cfg
from there then export it switch to firewall cfg reboot import the Internet Security Cfg an all is good but i still dont see how to edit the cfg an look if the virus was still allowed i tryed open the Cfg with notepad while in safemode an no way i can read that jibber jabber lol

(:s*) also does the pro active security work with vista (:s*) i tryed 2 more times but nope im locked out solid
can’t run any programs i can click them but thats it the error no permission or must be admin

when i googled to turn off my pc i seen lots ppl have this trouble they use vista like me i donno what or if it was there configs tho but with all my problem i would think this mite help others too

but ya just wanted to say i realy like this Security suite you guys did good work SMOOTH
not like cough crapsersky cough witch is a hog an i wouldnt touch there installers ever again
but i do lov there webscanner an outpost you gotta be a (:NRD) to use that it to complex
:ilovecomodo:

an this is how it all went down

Files to delete:
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Temp\winlogin.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rwhbfb873unjdfdg.dll
C:\bdhakc.exe
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\00JCHUSI\rokbpcd[1].htm
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\B14JQJSH\flliv[1].htm
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\B14JQJSH\zwttul[1].htm
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K0NNZVW8\rnxlyyqqde[1].htm
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\VMAKZPG6\mjstkxllm[1].txt
C:\Users\JAKE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\VMAKZPG6\qjguuu[1].htm
C:\gdceival.exe
C:\rvlksh.exe
C:\xifmrn.exe
C:\begaxy.exe

:comodorocks:

hey, man you do not have to go and edit config files if you want to check if something is allowed or blocked…

Just go here man!: defense + tab ==> advanced ==> computer security policy and review that list… that’s all! I am surprised you have not checked that place…

anyway, it seems all your configurations are messed up bad and blocking all kind of windows system applications…

I advice you to do a reinstall…

(V)

oks i’ll reinstall tomorrow night an see how it goes

an yesssss thats the list i was lookin for an ya the nasty exe’s were in there boy im dumb sometimes lol
but i did learn something never trust a site that wants to update ur flash webplayer unless its adobe doh!

after i reinstall comodo i’ll come back an let ya know how its going
i want to use pro active security cfg thats the best right ?
an then i’ll be fully protected by comodo ?

also many thx for all this
whatthe :o)

NO problem man! You are not dumb! you just make mistakes, like we all do and that is fine.

Yes, you can use pro active security, that will enable maximum protection in CIS and I hope that configuration will not change the default protected files and folders and I hope that configuration recognizes important system files… But I think you will be ok!

Let me know if things worked out well for you.

(V)