None of my applications work after loading new verson

Yesterday a window popped up saying there was an update for the firewall. I loaded it and now none of my apps work. I can’t access the internet. Do I have a virus or something wrong with the update? What can I do to get everything back?

This sounds like something went wrong with the update.

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this post.

Please let us know if you run into any problems.

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ll try some of it but as I mentioned I can’t access any apps or the internet to do some of what you ask. I’m online now with another computer to post this for help. Thanks. I’ll see what I can do.

Can you disable Defense+?

Same thing happened to me. Downloaded the update late Wednesday and didn’t restart computer until I was done for the day. Next morning, none of my programs or the internet would work. Had to restart in Safe Mode to get on line. Ran antivirus program and antimalware programs. Even tried Restore a couple of times. Finally realized it was only when updating the Firewall is when the problems would start. At this time, haven’t allowed the Firewall to update and everything works.

As mentioned above it may be worth reinstalling it by following the advice I give in my other post.

Please let me know if that solves your problem.

Thank you.

I have a couple of questions before I start. I’m still using XP SP3 and was using version 5.10 (Firewall only). One of the updates was for version 5.12. The first time I updated to version 5.12 I had the problem that my internet wouldn’t work but my programs would. Went back to version 5.10 and everything worked again. In the last moth or so I again updated to the 5.12 version and didn’t have any problems at all. Now I understand that version 5.12 is for Windows 8 and a new CIS version 6 is coming out soon.

My question is, should I just continue using the current 5.12.256249.2599 version I have now, that works, and wait until version 6 comes out?

Yeah, only win8 support, I’m gonna ignore these updates for now :-\

We won’t see v6 any time soon so for the time being use 5.12 unless you are interested in running a beta version of v6.