Non-business certificate

I am thinking about getting a code signing certificate through a Comodo reseller and asked them some questions about the certificate but they said I would have to ask you guys.

Firstly, do you offer certificates to individuals (ie not a registered business)?

If you do, is it possible to get the certificate signer set to a domain i own instead of my name? (domain in question is my initials)

Finally, what sort of ID proof is needed?

thanks,
zibby

Yes.

If you do, is it possible to get the certificate signer set to a domain i own instead of my name? (domain in question is my initials)
Yes.
Finally, what sort of ID proof is needed?

Driver’s license, phone bill, major utility bill

Hi,

this is also what I wanted. I paid the money for the certificate and enter the validation process.

What I found was

… I was asked to send in a utility bill (I sent Gas/Elektricity), an ID card with picture of mself (a copy of my ID card). Telephone info was retrieves by the Validation people using online directories.

Where is all stalled (at least for now) is that also for individuals you have to own the domain thta handles your email. So either you have to have a letter of your ISP that states you’re allowed to use the mail address OR you have to regiter a domain. I did the latter (long time ago actually) BUT it now seems most ISP don’t make the Registrant information available through whois or other dns services which makes these domains uselass for this purpose.

I’m now in a battle with the ISP to release this information on either of my registered domains so I can continue my application with comodo.

Must be said the paople of comodo have always been very helpfull.

BUT yes / yes / list of documents certainly won’t do the trick, even if you’re an individual.

regards
T.