No windoz 10 features for windoz 7 users? [Merged]

Hi brianp007,

You seem to be confusing CIS updating itself to the newest version and it ‘updating Windows to version 10’ ???

The “nag” screen is CIS informing you that it has an update for itself and that part of the reasons that there is an update is that the software will work on the PC’s of those users who have taken the decision to upgrade Windows to version 10.

There are several users, like you, that will not want to ‘upgrade’ to Windows 10 and that is perfectly O.K - There are still alot of XP users that will not upgrade even to Windows 7.

You could take this the other way and say " How much Windows XP protection been compromised by piggybacking support for 6 * OS’s in one package? " I would agree with EricJH - It hasn’t :slight_smile:

If you don’t wish CIS to check for program updates then please follow the instructions given on the COMODO help pages :-

L.A.R. Grizzly has kindly given advice on how to disable the Microsoft upgrade nags for Windows 10 on another post :-

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

• = XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10

Hi brianp007,
You have a gripe for a simple explanation, please reconsider your attitude and be respectful towards other members.

As Dolphin66 has kindly pointed out what you are seeing is the change-log/release notes for the latest version of Comodo Firewall which just so happens to have improvements to add compatibility with Windows 10 (No added features).
Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!

You have two choices to rid yourself of the updates available screen.
Allow the update to proceed to get the latest version of Comodo or disable automatic program updates.
Configure Program and Virus Database Updates-Comodo Help

Thank you.

Merged multiple topics on the same subject matter. I do apologise for any confusion caused by the chronological order of the posts.