No windoz 10 features for windoz 7 users? [Merged]

Hi,

I DO NOT want to compromise my windows 7 system by adding new, green, buggy, unnecessary win 10 “features”. I am seeing a hassle screen every day asking the same question and requiring the closing of multiple windows to decline.

How about a “NO - WIN10 - NO WAY - NO HOW - DON’T - BUG -ME -AGAIN” Button?

How do I disable this annoying and unnecessary bugging??

TYVM
Mod edit: Added merged to the topic title, Captainsticks.

Uninstall the following Windoze Updates:

Compatibility Update for Upgrading…KB2952664
Win 10 Preview…KB2990214
Update Notifications…KB3035583
Windows 10 Preparation…KB3050265
Windows 10 Preparation…KB3065987
Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry…KB3068708

Note: If you hide them on your next Windows update, they will be unhidden the next time you check. You have to keep hiding/denying their installation. Microsoft really wants you to upgrade to their latest boondoggle.

You do realize that your WindowS 7 is outdated and will eventually have ZERO updates? Already there is no phone support for that old stuff, I know a lot of people who write Windows like you do are full of hatred for the OS but there is such a thing called upgrading and that’s normal with everything in life.

I’m using Win10 without a single problem regarding Win10/CIS, none at all, so yeah you may eventually consider tossing that hatred asside and come to the conclusion that what you deem as “useless” may actually help you.

Hi Lintly,
Win 7 will still have extended support until January 14, 2020.
Windows lifecycle fact sheet-Windows Microsoft

Kind regards.

I had to replace hardware going from Win98 to WinXP (printer, scanner, etc.). I lost a lot of software going from WinXP to Win7 (due to incompatibility). I don’t want to go through that again upgrading to Win10. I can’t afford to replace all of my perfectly working software/hardware. I’ll probably be dead by 2020, so Win7 is good enough till then.

Window XXX is outdated and will eventually have ZERO updates
That is what boneheads said about XP a decade ago.

no phone support for that old stuff
There is negligible support for windoz phone if you consider 2% to be negligible.
What kind of bonehead would take a tired, buggy, bloated, insecure os with decades old code and try to shoehorn it into a tiny package?

You use the word “HATRED” frivolously and inappropriately in this case. Perhaps your actions and opinions are based on hatred, but don’t apply it to everybody. Contempt for technical ineptitude would be much closer to the mark.

USELESS? " ineffectual, weak, or stupid: of, suggestive of or related to L.A.R. Grizzly" << ~ Useless - definition of useless by The Free Dictionary >>
I had no idea you were so well known. :wink: In my case, the first part applies, “having no practical use or advantage”
junk designed for an OS you DO NOT HAVE is useless

UPGRADING? There is exactly 1 reason I am using windoz, PHOTOSHOP which is available only as a “Rent-To-NEVER-OWN” cloud service. The last DVD version is slated to be accidentally mangled by a mandatory OTA update soon, but it will be bundled with a discount on your first of an infinite number of monthly rental fees.

Rent to own is bad enough. Rent to NEVER OWN is even less efficient. Who would be so anserine? winders 10 goobers?

Try upgrading to LINUX!! If you don’t like it, you are free to hack it to suit. Can your OS do that??

brianp007, did uninstalling the listed updates cure your Win10 nagging problem?

Two key features of Win10 is the ability to run on your existing Win7/Win8 computer (no hardware changes required), and to run all your current software.
I would suggest a complete system image backup, then upgrade to see for yourself, before implying false claims to the public.
Did you even do an OS upgrade check from Microsoft to see (as a start) if you might even experience any issues? I don’t believe you did any such thing.

1. What false claims?

2. No. Because I don’t intend to upgrade to Win10.

3. You’re correct, I didn’t!

You implied Windows 10 could either not allow your programs to work as you now use them, or would require some costly hardware upgrade to work on/with your system.
This simply is not the case.
Please don’t make false assumptions. You have absolutely nothing to base Windows 10 performance on.

1. I just stated that I didn’t want to take the chance that it may!

2. I base my assumptions on past experiences with Windows upgrades.

3. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

LARG,
You know that the trolls at the crumbling former software empire have the updates critical to their short-term survival ■■■■■-trapped, don’t you? If their hashes are missing due to tampering, your system boot loops. Very old dirty trick!

They are desperate to suck more of the gullible into their pay now and forever scheme. Oh, it’s FREE?? So is the first bump of Hero Inn
Does it apply to OEM hackers running other-worldly Frankensteinien, best of breed monstrosities? NO.
Is this true, “many Windows 10 owners will have to start paying to receive updates …” [8] How do yo know?
If you add memory or upgrade your video card does that change “THE DEVICE”. So sorry, you just invalidated the upgrade rules!
Will you be paying software service charges before " the end of Mainstream Support as October 13, 2020 " <<< winders 77777777
YOU will have to UPGRADE when 10.2 comes out. There’s a service charge
“If you’re eligible to downgrade you should see an option that says Go back to Windows 8.1 …” Who is eligible??

This is the absolutely snakiest roll-out ever! Good thing microsoft has free testers like you who blindly slam it on and immediately proclaim how perfect it is and how brilliant they are!!!

================================================================
getting off course…

the harebrained scheme to monkey with ms updates now and repeat every time they roll anything out from now til doomsday and hope they don’t try to brick your system for stiffing them on their last Quixotic hope of survival is problematic at best.

What if we take ms out of the deal. Isn’t it COMODO surfacing the offending boxes every few hours??? Wouldn’t it be much easier and more practical to ask these nice, ingenious, customer-centered folks to stop carrying water for the beast, do the community a solid and put a HECK-NO checkbox on win 10 hassle screens???

What are the chances??

[8] 'Free' Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

The sceptics and critics never give up and appear to have a one eyed negative approach to most situations.
Even though the definition (Life of the Device) maybe under debate the way I see it as long as the device is operational and upgraded to Windows 10 (Note: The device is now a licensed Win 10 device) it is most likely going to be supported until October 14, 2025.
Until we are told differently direct from MS, we have no reason to spread ‘FUD’ and speculations.

If anyone does not like MS, there are plenty of other options available.

Thanks.

Hi,

There are still almost as many XP (2001) users as win 8.1 (2012) users.
There are still ~5 times as many win 7 (2009) users as 8.1.
win 10 is reading at 0.02% so there are about 3037 win 7 users for every win 10 free tester. [1]

Obviously, ms is desperate to sell some software.

Why is Comodo trying to shove win10 junk down the throats of the 4999 of 5000 users who who are NOT USING WIN 10???

Why is Comodo hassling people every single day for software they do not need nor want???
How much has windows 7 protection been compromised by piggybacking support for 2 OSs in 1 package???

COMODO APPEARS TO BE A STOOGE FOR MICROSOFT!!!

IS MICROSOFT BRIBING COMPANIES TO HELP COLLAR CUSTOMERS?

IS MS THREATENING TO WITHHOLD OS INTERNAL DETAILS FROM ANTI-VIRUS COMPANIES WHO DON’T “PLAY BALL”?
… the Court of First Instance confirmed the Commission’s finding that Microsoft had abused its dominant position in the PC operating system market by [size=14pt]refusing to disclose interoperability information[/size]… [2]

PLEASE FIX THE ANNOYING AND UNNECESSARY WINDOWS 10 HASSLE SCREENS!!!

TYVM :-TD

[1] Usage share of operating systems - Wikipedia
[2] Press corner | European Commission

Why is Comodo trying to shove win10 junk down the throats of the 4999 of 5000 users who who are NOT USING WIN 10???
I am afraid I don't understand what you are referring to.
Why is Comodo hassling people every single day for software they do not need nor want?????
Again I am not understanding what you mean.
How much has windows 7 protection been compromised by piggybacking support for 2 OSs in 1 package???
It hasn't as far as I can tell.
COMODO APPEARS TO BE A STOOGE FOR MICROSOFT!!!

IS MICROSOFT BRIBING COMPANIES TO HELP COLLAR CUSTOMERS?

IS MS THREATENING TO WITHHOLD OS INTERNAL DETAILS FROM ANTI-VIRUS COMPANIES WHO DON’T “PLAY BALL”?
… the Court of First Instance confirmed the Commission’s finding that Microsoft had abused its dominant position in the PC operating system market by [size=14pt]refusing to disclose interoperability information[/size]… [2]

PLEASE FIX THE ANNOYING AND UNNECESSARY WINDOWS 10 HASSLE SCREENS!!!

TYVM :-TD

[1] Usage share of operating systems - Wikipedia
[2] Press corner | European Commission

If you want to get rid off the Windows 10 upgrade reminder: ITPro Today: IT News, How-Tos, Trends, Case Studies, Career Tips, More . That is better suited than letting a firewall try to handle it.

To remove the constant upgrade nags for Win10:

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/no-windoz-10-features-for-windoz-7-users-t112400.0.html;msg815385#msg815385

@brianp007
Windows 10 is above 3%, and climbing fast.

If you don’t want to upograde your OS, don’t!
But, if you ever come on here with an attitude like this again, consider yourself banned.
This is your only warning.

I don’t see any relationship between Comodo and Microsoft, other than Comodo is creating products compatible with Windows operating system for the benefit of the user. ???

I think the OP is confused and assumes that the nagging is coming from Comodo rather than Windows itself. Twice, I’ve given him solutions to remove the nags. I guess he doesn’t want to try. I removed the Windows updates from my machines and have never received a nag for Win10 yet.

Here are the hassle screens regarding WIN 10 Improved Support and BUGS FIXED

Did I forget to mention that I AM NOT ON WINDOZ 10 NOR DO I EVER PLAN TO BE

These popups say COMODO, not microsoft!!

Please examine the “What’s New?” You may want to update HERO EricJH who is blissfully unaware of any bugs affecting windows 7 caused by cramming 2 operating systems in one AV package. BSODs and disappearing firewall can be alarming.

It hasn’t as far as I can tell. << EricJH Global Moderator >>

Support improvements for MSFT Windows 10 official release.
− Network firewall is not functioning properly after update from Windows 7 to Windows 10
− Cycle BSOD on Windows 10 x86 with CIS in proactive security
− Diagnostics failed after update windows from Win 8.1 to Win 10

These are just the recent fixes. Is there an online BugZilla type repository available to give us an idea of what has not yet been fixed?

< John Buchanan Global Draconian Moderator >
Windows 10 is above 3%, and climbing fast.

Please note the actual screen capture from John’s reference taken today, 2015-0813 ( 1 minute ago) shows 2.1% . Who is going to quibble about a 50% overstatement of the published data.

This conclusively proves the windows 10 support and bug screens are NOT from Microsoft. THEY SAY COMODO.

Now can you do something constructive about them like adding a NO-THANKYOU-WINDOZ-10-FEATURES button!

Tyvm,

[attachment deleted by admin]