No virtual drive yet system status: defense+ has limited functionality in this s

I’ve tried completely uninstalling Comodo 3.0.22.349 as per instructions by USSS https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html and re-installing in safe mode to have this status return. Everytime the computer is rebooted it gives OOPS its found a bug and to send report - which is sent. The firewall then uses a 100% resources to load icon into the system tray. It is the last thing to load. I’m at my wits end to figure out how to resolve this issue. There is no virtual drive and it didnt give me any prompts to install on one.

Any help to resolve this matter would be appreciated.

AMD K6-2 400 processor
AVAST Antivirus
Windows Defender
D-Link NIC
XP SP3

You cannot install in Safe Mode the drivers for CPF3 do not install properly.
Also it is better if you shut down Windows Defender and stop the service when you install CPF3 it can cause problems during install when it is running.
Dennis

You cannot install in Safe Mode the drivers for CPF3 do not install properly. Also it is better if you shut down Windows Defender and stop the service when you install CPF3 it can cause problems during install when it is running. Dennis

I thought safe mode would be best as programs like Windows Defender and AVAST would not be running. I guess then that a reinstall should be done or uninstall CPF3, restart and install…? How to stop defender? I dont see an option in the program to exit

You can uninstall in Safe Mode.
Right click on Windows Defender icon in taskbar.
Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Windows Defender to stop the service.
Dennis

You can uninstall in Safe Mode. Right click on Windows Defender icon in taskbar. Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Windows Defender to stop the service.

Did as suggested and on restart the OOPS Found bug and status limited functionality remains. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried Miscellaneous/Diagnostics this works for some people.
Dennis
EDIT It is Defence+ and not the firewall/network?
Are you installing it on non standard drive (other than C:)
Did you completely remove CPF3 before you install again.

I removed it in safe mode using Windows Add/Remove programs. Restarted when it said to. Once Windows loaded and logged on I stopped the Windows Defender services via the Administrative services. Checked that the program (Comodo) from the Start Menu was no longer in Programs and proceeded with the re-install to C:. This is an old computer so things are real slow. Even though it has 320MB Ram. During the installation process it supposedly checked for malware…it seem to have finished as the screen goes black then a few seconds later a window comes up saying installation is complete. I then open the firewall to find the same status alert. So did I remove the firewall? I guess so.

I dont know or have Miscellaneous/Diagnostics tools that would check the problem with this issue.

The error seems to be with Defense+ status. If you like I could get a screen capture of it. It gives warnings whenever I do anything from opening the browser to opening add/remove programs. It warns about everything. So I think the firewall portion is working.