No Updates on 21st Feb, 2009 [CLOSED]

Hi Everyone,
Backend is going under a major transformation and we will not be issuing any AV updates today although BOC will be updated as usual.

Thanks
-umesh

Pardon my ignorance.

what is BOC?

BoClean ?

Thanks for the info Umesh :wink:

Xan

Thanks for letting us know. Good to know the upgrade of the update infrastructure is in full swing.

Hi,
Today we have released AV Updates Version 990.
This will replace complete base on users’ machine running CIS V3.8 and will prompt user to re-start system.
Update size is: 26.8 MB (28,193,589 bytes)

This update takes care quite many Heuristic FPs and rest will be taken care within a day or two and from that point Heuristic FPs will be fixed within 24hrs of reporting.

Thanks
-umesh

EDIT: Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year will be updated from tomorrow onwards.

thanks info umesh, and great work all,

But 27 Mb??? What as to dial-up users??

Any view on ever having downloadable virus defentions databases, or a cis installation file which already has latest status of vir defs?

Thanks
Mack

thanks info umesh, and great work all,

But 27 Mb?Huh What as to dial-up users??

Any view on ever having downloadable virus defentions databases, or a cis installation file which already has latest status of vir defs?

Thanks
Mack

We do have plans to publish updates also to end users, but that requires CIS to be able to take input for updates also. We will have this feature in CIS soon.

This is one of case, we won’t be updating base again atleast in near future.

Next CIS release will have complete base till release date, so hopefully new users from that point won’t have to go through this.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi umesh,

I got update 990. All is good. It might prove useful to include a small change log in your first post, For example:

• Finished conversion of all signatures to new format, which includes:
  • Fixed many FP’s
  • Improved Memory Consumption
  • Improved Cleaning abilities.
  • Improved FP handling.

etc…

Cheers,
Josh

Hi Josh,
Signature conversion will take another 2-3 days.
Just on tail end. We had to do major changes in backend and had no alternate way but to stop updates.

Regarding count, we are in the process of removing some redundant signs so overall count may reduce a bit. I will be able to confirm complete count in a day or two.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks for clarifying.

Cheers,
Josh

Please don’t initiate updates of this size without prompting the user! This would have used up 20% of my mobile bandwidth for the month! Fortunately I haven’t gone to the client site yet.

All Comodo developers need to become aware that there are users on slow-speed or high-cost networks. Certainly no one seems to be aware yet.

What about CIS 3.5? I haven’t recieved any update!

Great news Umesh! Keep up the good work. Cant wait for the “offline” update feature in CIS as my mom does not have internet all the time. However, she uses a mem stick all the time from other PCs, that can infect a PC real bad!

:■■■■

Nice, good that so many of the FPs have been fixed.
Will restart the computer soon… =)

I got update 992. So far so good.
Still a FP in TCP-Z, but nothing else to complain.

[attachment deleted by admin]

What about CIS 3.5? I haven't recieved any update!
It has been updated also to V992.

But we will discontinue support to V439 AV Updates from this Thursday, 26th Feb, 2009 onwards.

Thanks
-umesh

What can I do… until there is no bugfix for my problem I’ll have to uninstall CIS 3.5/CAVS, and install Avast. :frowning:

It would be nice if you could deal with the FPs I reported here:
https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/false_positives_with_the_game_gothic_2_with_high_heuristics_at_db_990-t35161.0.html

But great update, much better detection and much less FPs even with heuristics at high :slight_smile:
I really believe Comodo can get one of the top AVs soon. But such stories like database conversion and so on really shouldn’t repeat in the future. Reliability is a valuable good.

What can I do.. until there is no bugfix for my problem I'll have to uninstall CIS 3.5/CAVS, and install Avast. Sad
Hi Breen, As version 3.5 uses old signature format it will not be possible for us to support both formats. Your problem has been fixed and you can test in forthcoming CIS release. So you can happily switch to V3.8 from next release onwards.

Thanks
-umesh

This update takes care quite many Heuristic FPs and rest will be taken care within a day or two and from that point Heuristic FPs will be fixed within 24hrs of reporting. It would be nice if you could deal with the FPs I reported here: https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/false_positives_with_the_game_gothic_2_with_high_heuristics_at_db_990-t35161.0.html

But great update, much better detection and much less FPs even with heuristics at high Smiley
I really believe Comodo can get one of the top AVs soon. But such stories like database conversion and so on really shouldn’t repeat in the future. Reliability is a valuable good.

This conversion was one time thing, this sort of changes won’t happen in future. We had to go through this.

We have many more things to come in CIS in AV part. Had to make some fundamental changes.
Thanks for all your support.

Thanks
-umesh