No update with sometimes suspended laptop

For the past week or so my laptop is placed into suspension (not hibernation) by closing the lid. System is XP Home and up to date.
Update settings were every 12 hours and 10 minutes after bootup. In the past when the computer was shut down and started up the next day it does update OK, no problems since latest version.

However I noticed today that the last update was on the 26th and I had to update manually. So it isn’t updating automatically, presumably because it is suspended when the update time arrives. Shouldn’t it notice the suspension and update at the first opportunity when active again?

Mark

When the laptop was active did CBOClean update after 12 hours, or didn’t it update at all ?

Greetz, Red.

I don’t have it on that long :slight_smile:
It did used to update when I switched it off and on again.
I changed the update time to every 6 hours and that doesn’t work either, the update I’m looking at now is a day old whereas on my main PC which is switched off every day, the update is today’s. The laptop hasn’t been active for 6 hours yet.
It would seem that the update is only triggered when the computer is started up from a shut down or reset. It doesn’t seem to take into consideration suspensions, as though that resets BOC’s update timer.

Has anyone else who places computers into suspension or hibernation noticed any problems with updating?

Mark

I think this may be the problem.
I have a laptop and set the Automatic update to download 10 minutes after booting up. But to make this work correctly I have to connect to the internet within that time period.
Is there any way you can set it to do that and keep using it for ten minutes (and not let it hibernate or suspend) and see if it updates then?

It’s a pity that you cannot set it to update so many minutes after connecting to the internet, like Avast AV does automatically.
May put that suggestion on the wish list.

Mike.

MikeG:
It’s always connected to the internet - broadband connection always on. The connection to my LAN and hence the broadband router is made as soon as it comes out of suspension.

I’ve now changed it to update every 3 hours and that now works.

But the update timer algorithm is certainly not right and maybe doesn’t take into consideration suspensions and hibernations at all…

Mark

OK Mark, understood, but not sure how you changed the update time to every 3 hours, the lowest I could set it to was 6 hours.
Take a look back in config. page and see if it has reset to 6 hours.

Mike.

MikeG:
You’re right, it is 6 hours. Hmm, looks like I’ll have to manually update every day :frowning:

I’d welcome comments from a staffer please. Kevin is this a bug?

Mark

I don’t think it is a bug, but a missing option. MikeG has already put it to the wishlist :

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware/comodo_boclean_wishlist_1-t7712.0.html;msg79660#msg79660

Greetz, Red.

Just thought I’d point out that CFP 2.4 appears to already do this, normally a few seconds after internet connection is made, on random days.

Mike.