no traffic animation,no traffic graphic in summary,no active/outbound connection

I just upgraded to v 5 after uninstalling v 4 before and as the topic title says I noticed following issues:

• no traffic animation of the tray icon
  • no traffic graphic in the summary page
  • no active/outbound connections

For this purpose I opened Firefox and tryed to cause a big traffic by downloading something big like OpenOffice. Additionally I was watching online stream in Internet. Additionally to this I have applications running in the background connected to internet.
While all of this traffic and connections I looked in Comodo and the result is my issues I noticed and wrote above. From time to time there are active connections and traffic graphic shows 100% System, but soon it disappears.

what is going on

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do you have other security programs running in the background? Try disabling them? The same for programs that interfere with networking like Netlimiter, ZenMap, etc…

Do you have other security programs running in the background?
AVAST and AdAware
The same for programs that interfere with networking like Netlimiter, ZenMap, etc....
nothing like this

Try disabling Ad Aware, reboot and see what happens. Ad Aware also had HIPS capabilities so it can interact in unexpected ways.

negative, disabling AdAware didnt solve my issue :-\

other ideas?

I have the same problem. Comodo doesn’t monitor any traffic or block any outbound connections. I had the same problem with version 4 and always end up going back to version 3.14 I am using Avast as well, wonder if that has something to do with it.

wow, at least one other user that has that issue :wink:
but ok, it is not funny.

Are you using Win7 64 Home Prmium?
Do you have Toshiba Laptop by chance?

I am using Vista 32bit. I have an XP box and version 5 behaves normally. I am actually using an Acer laptop. The odd thing is that if I tell the firewall to block all it does, so something is working. I was asked by a moderator to file a bug report for this issue, I just haven’t done it.

I dont understand where are the rules of the applications which are/were handled by Comodo Firewall? View Active Connections is empty, View Firewall Evants is also empty. In Network Policy–Appl rules are only rules for Comodo and Windows Update and system Applications.
Where are the rules for all the applcations whtch I am using???

I am in a custom mode and started programm I havent been used after upgrading Comodo from scratch (it means I stared it for the first time) but the programm connected to Interne without Comodo to ask me about this?

what is wrong

In Network Policy–Appl rules are only rules for Comodo and Windows Update and system Applications.
Where are the rules for all the applcations whtch I am using???
[/quote]
With default settings CIS will not make rules for trusted (whitelisted) applications. To have it make rules you will have to enable "Enable rules for safe applications in Firewall Behaviour Settings → General. All programs then get a default policy; which is outgoing only without logging iirc.

I am in a custom mode and started programm I havent been used after upgrading Comodo from scratch (it means I stared it for the first time) but the programm connected to Interne without Comodo to ask me about this?

what is wrong

When you did an upgrade installation and had an existing rule for that application you would not have been alerted.

View Active Connections is empty, View Firewall Evants is also empty.
This is probably part of the problem of not seeing things reported in the main screen. I assume for the moment there may be a problem with another driver somewhere in your system.

You have reported this or similar problem before for v4 so the following may have been asked by me.

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting push Escape and go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

So I did this, I see a couple of drivers for Avast. Are you suggesting we can’t run Avast and Comodo together? I only use the firewall, not the antivirus.

I don’t know what driver it is causing. Usually Avast is not a troublemaker in combination with CIS. I would look out for other drivers first in the troubleshooting process.

To have it make rules you will have to enable "Enable rules for safe applications in Firewall Behaviour Settings --> General. All programs then get a default policy; which is outgoing only without logging iirc.
and where are the rules? I enabled the option to create rules for safe appl, but I dont see any rules ???
When you did an upgrade installation and had an existing rule for that application you would not have been alerted
I upgraded from scratch...uninstalled the old version and installed version 5. This should delete all existing rules???

Why should I search for AV drivers, while I am using only Comodo firewall without AV ??? And I havent had other AV programm before… acctually it was McFee preinstalled on my laptop, but I removed it.

To be sure McAfee is fully removed use their removal tool.

cska133, when I tell Comodo to create rules for safe applications they do not show up either. I have completely removed Avast and Comodo still fails to monitor outbound connections.

Both of you please consider submitting this is as a bug. There is something going on that we can’t get a finger behind.

Please file a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

why do you think so quickly that this is a bug?

I agree, if this is a bug how come nobody else on the forums is complaining about this issue? I have had this problem since version 4 and I have perused the forums regularly for 6 months now. I see no mention of it anywhere. Cska133, what ethernet/wireless card are you using?

Cska133, what ethernet/wireless card are you using?
Realtek. and you?

intel wifi 5100AGN