"No such interface supported" when trying to update

Whenever I try to update Comodo Antivirus, I get an error that says “No such interface is supported”. I can’t imagine why updating would be disabled, seeing as its necessary, so what went wrong? Did I forget to install something?

Are you using some kind of custom visual theme in CIS or OS? Try disabling that for now.

I have the same problem on Win7 32-bit (no SP1) -

Update failed. Error 0x80004002 - No such interface supported

Just downloaded and installed CAV [26 May 2011] , rebooted , tried to start a scan and got this error.

I have no custom themes, in compatibility settings disabled themes, desktop composition and scaling on high DPI, which didn’t help.

Any idea how to solve it?
Or at least how to start a scan without an update? I tried to disable updates in the configuration, it didn’t help.

Thanks

How did you download and install?

I have no custom themes, in compatibility settings disabled themes, desktop composition and scaling on high DPI, which didn't help.

Any idea how to solve it?
Or at least how to start a scan without an update? I tried to disable updates in the configuration, it didn’t help.

Thanks

Did you disable Automatically update virus database before scanning in the settings for manual scanning?