No network and audio after uninstalling CIS

After uninstalling CIS I have no network and audio doesn’t work. I have win 8.1 x64 and yesterday uninstalled CIS from control panel add/remove programs. After finishing the removing win restarted and no network available, either wireless or LAN. After reinstalling the lattest CIS from the comodo website, the program doesn’t work. The fix buttons says it found problems, but it won’t let me save the report. Also the scan doens’t work. Just stops after 1 second. The troubleshoot for network doesn’t work as well. It says A problem is preventing troubleshoot from starting. Error code 0x80070057.
Don’t know what to do. Please help!!!

Okay, this sounds to me like parts of CIS were not removed correctly. This does happen sometimes with all security programs.

What will very likely be able to solve this is if you reinstall by following the advice I give in this post. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and run the removal tool in Safe Mode. Also, manually make sure that the Firewall driver is fully removed before trying to reinstall. Instructions on how to do this are given in the topic.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into further trouble.

Thanks.

Was reinstalling able to solve this?

It wasn’t actually. Probably cause I couldn’t download the removal tool… I had no network connection. The only option was reinstalling the windows. Too bad things like this happen. It’s bad publicity for a fine AV.

The removal tool probably would have been able to solve this. For future reference, you can probably download the removal tool on another computer. Then put it on a CD or flash drive and copy it to the system experiencing problems. Alternatively, you may have been able to manually disable the Comodo Firewall driver, assuming that was the issue.

That said, I’m happy to hear it’s now fixed for you, although I’m sad to hear it took reinstalling the OS to solve it. I will now move this report to Resolved. Let me know if you have any questions, or run into any further problems.

Thanks.