No Internet on CFP 2.4

Anytime i step away from my computer and let the screen saver come on… I come back and CFP is blocking svchost.exe saying Destination is 255.255.255.255 And what i have to do is turn CFP 2.4 to Allow all to get back connection. I’ve been using 2.4 for about 5 months now and have never had this issue before.

But you did try v3, didn’t you? I have a vague memory of internet being blocked as you tried v3? Could there be some kind of problem since you’ve reverted to v2.4?

/LA

Yes, I’ve tried ver. 3 and had a problem with it connecting after i reboot and such. But on 2.4 now i just made an application rule to allow svchost.exe to connect to 255.255.255.255 … not sure if it’s fixed the issue but i havent had a problem since. Also is that a safe rule to even have? And Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Hm, do you mean that you’ve given svchost.exe full outbound access to that IP-number? I’m not the right guy to ask about IP rules, but isn’t svchost supposed to have outbound access to the full IP range? What’s the default rule, do you remember?

/LA

ok the rule i made is NOT working… the rule i created was allowed svchost.exe to connect to UDP out 255.255.255.255 and this still has not fixed it.

I’m not to sure, i’m still a CFP n00b :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know if this will help?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140859

Thanks for that humberlad. But it doesn’t seem to help much. Anyone have any other suggestions? It’s getting to kind of be an annoyance now. And i will not switch to any other firewall so if needed i can live with it like this if no one can help :slight_smile:

Sorry Goose I thought adding a static route to your permissions may have been the answer. Hope you get it sorted. HL