No Firewall or Antivirus on Vista 64 SP2 after CIS 8.2.0.4508 Update

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)

On Windows Vista 64 SP2 when Comodo updated to 8.2.0.4508 on 22 April 2015 Windows Security Center reported the Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus were turned off.

Attempting to turn the Comodo Firewall and Antivirus on through Windowes Security Center fails.

The Comodo Menu is all green and indicates Antivirus is Statefull, Auto-Sandbox is enabled, HIPS is in Safe Mode, Viruscope is enabled and the Firewall is in Safe Mode.

When I turned Windows Firewall on I can still connect to the internet.

Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
?
Every time the computer is turned on.

If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:?
This happened when Comodo updated to 8.2.0.4508 on 22 April 2015.

2:?
3:?
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
?
On Windows Vista 64 SP2 when Comodo updated to 8.2.0.4508 on 22 April 2015 Windows Security Center reported the Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus were turned off.

The Comodo Menu is all green and indicates Antivirus is Statefull, Auto-Sandbox is enabled, HIPS is in Safe Mode, Viruscope is enabled and the Firewall is in Safe Mode.

Attempting to turn the Comodo Firewall and Antivirus on through Windowes Security Center fails.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
?
I expected Comodo CIS to work.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
?
This is not a problem with other software.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
?
No

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
?
This is an update problem for Vista users. Others on the forum experienced similar problems on 32 bit Vista.

My WMI repository is consistent.

When I turned Windows Firewall on I can still connect to the internet. This indicates that CIS firewall is not active although the Comodo interface indicates it is and everything is safe and green.

Windows Security Center indicates the certificate for Comodo Security Solutions for the antivirus and the firewall expired on 4/1/2015.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
?

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
?

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
?
I probbably changed the interface a little. Otherwise I doubt it.

Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
?

I first installed CIS in February of 2013. All version updates were through CIS with no uninstall / reinstalls. This is the first real problem with Comodo.

[b]if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?[/b]:
 ?

No. The uninstall information on the forum appears old and muddled. I’m concerned about doing more damage.

Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
?

No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
?
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
?
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2

Acer Aspire X3200
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=? b=?

McAfee was originally installed and uuninstalled.

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/cis-does-not-register-with-vista-security-center-t110810.0.html