No firewall events in last 2 months?/change network rule

I was just trying to get my xbox 360 to work on my home network with media sharing, i happened to open up the firewall events and i noticed that there have been no new events since april? surely this cant be right…???

also, how can i change the setting from when i first hooked up my router + network, and i selected “do not allow incoming connections” (or something like that) on that “new private network detected” pop up window for my local area network connection

hope that made sense…thanks a lot!

edit - i should note that i did find the threads on getting v.4 to work with xbox, still having issues tho

Can you show a screenshot of your Global Rules? They are under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Defense + Events.

is this what you meant?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9291/screencapj.jpg

thanks again Eric O0

Howdy. I did something stupid. 88) I asked for Global Rules but directed you to the Firewall logs. :smiley:

Anyway here is the way to go for you. We are gonna use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your local network a trusted network. Do as follows.

First look up your IP address and subnet mask. In Windows go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → ipconfig → enter → now lookup your IP address and subnet mask.

Second create a zone in My Network Zones (Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy). Choose Add → A New Network Zone → fill in a name like My local network → Apply. Now select My Local Network Zone → Add → A new address → choose An IP Address Mask → fill in your local IP something like 192.168.1.x usually and your subnet mask; usually 255.255.255.0 → Apply. Now check and see the new network defined. Exit using Apply.

Now we are going to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your local network a trusted network (Firewall → Common Tasks):
Choose “Define a new trusted network and stealth my ports to EVERYONE else” → Next → choose “I would like to trust an existing My Network Zone” → choose your local network zone from the drop down box at the bottom → Finish.

Now check your Global Rules and see your network added.

Let us know if this fixed it.