No files pending on installations

Sorry if this has been raised elsewhere, but no relevant search results jumped out at me.

Decided to try CIS 4 on a clean install of Vista x64. Normally I still rely on v3.
I have set it up in the same way as I configure v3 with Defense+ set to Clean PC mode.

With v3 every install file gets flagged & files entered into the pending files list. CIS 3 also asks whether it should enter installation mode.
Using v 4 no installation mode is raised NOTHING is entered into pending files but the files will be halted by CIS when they are launched.
In the case of game installs this will lock the system whilst CIS presumably blocks access to the desktop for the CIS dialogs, when the game is loading.

My only recourse is to manually search for each install & import the files into the defense+ safe files list.

Is there any solution to this situation? Is this a bug or a new behavior mode?

Since you doing a clean install of v4 please consider installing v5 that was released today.

Using v 4 no installation mode is raised [i]NOTHING[/i] is entered into pending files but the files will be halted by CIS when they are launched.
If the installer is digitally signed and on My Own Trusted Software Vendors list of deemed safe by white listing you won't get alerted. If it is not white listed then you will get an alert stating the program needs unlimited access.
In the case of game installs this will lock the system whilst CIS presumably blocks access to the desktop for the CIS dialogs, when the game is loading.
Are referring to games installing or starting a game. It is a known problem until v4 that in full screen you don't see the alert and everything freezes.
My only recourse is to manually search for each install & import the files into the defense+ safe files list.
Version 5 brings Game Mode.
Is there any solution to this situation? Is this a bug or a new behavior mode?
To elaborate a bit more on v5. Game mode will make your life easier. The white list with games and the list of trusted game vendors has been made much bigger (there is a sticky topic to submit games in the news/feedback/announcement board) and these lists are now also in the cloud. When a game or game publisher get added it is immediately available for all user instead of having to add one's self or wait for the next version to bring updated lists.

The default settings for automatic sandboxing are better. Better compatiblity with various programs and more secure.

All in all. Consider going to v5 straightaway and skip v4. Get it from COMODO Internet Security 5.0.162636.1135 Released!.

Thanks for a fast & detailed response.

As I was trying to install a clean system it didn’t occur to me that it was specifically tricky with games under 4
I wondered about the white-listing but was bemused by the whole game lock-out situation… 88)

I hadn’t realized v5 had progressed so far so will try it today. Will report back if all doesn’t go as planned! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again.