Next version ?

Hi,
I wonder if there will be a newer version for Comodo Dragon which include the recent chromium! There is some extensions that only works with the recent version of Google Chrome(Chromium) like adblock+ .
Thank you.

i am also waiting for the new version!

Comodo Dragon does seem to have gone very quiet, makes you wonder if an update is not far off? Maybe we will hear soon hope so. Kind regards.

Any news regarding CD? Anything…

???

Comodo Dragon seems to be taking quite a long time. I’ve long since uninstalled it because there has been no updates and chromium is already on it’s seventh. It’s dangerous to have software that is not updated.

But I did read that there’s an upcoming version. Based on the 7th release of chromium I presume? Hopefully though. But instead of just making a rip-off of another browser, how about changing or adding some features? I also heard that Dragon has a unique ID. Is this true? and what’s it for? whatever happened to better privacy?

Here are some issues of the current downloadable version I’ve collected from cnet.

5 stars

Version: Comodo Dragon 4.1.1.12

Updated on Aug 30, 2010

[b]
failed a test in bcheck.scanit.be :-
Mozilla Firefox MathML integer overflow

not very secure afterall 

[/b]

Pros: same steadfast performance of google chrome...

Cons[b]: no password protection, for passwords....
  anyone can see passwords....

[/b]
Summary: i was looking for seamonkey alternate
after going through reviews from download.com “i thought this is-what i want…!!!”
(bcoz it is a chrome remix from reputed security brand comodo)

but i am still using firefox and seamonkey

2 out of 2 people found this review helpful

Version: Comodo Dragon 1.0.0.9

“Good n’ Fast”

by warlover2 on March 3, 2010

Pros: THE fastest browser I have ever used even with Flash, Javascript, and page colors enabled which normally slows down the average browser. User Agent shows up as Safari, not Chrome or Dragon(good stealth!).

Cons: No extensions to further security. Chrome has built-in Javascript blocking and pop-up blocker. Extensions for ad blocking, better cleaning(Flash cookies, Silverlight cookies,etc.) are at the site. Dragon clears cookies and history. Not as secure.

Summary: Comodo’s claims of higher security cannot be proven due to a lack of features in Dragon. Chrome has features like pop-up blocker, Javascript blocker, and more extensive cookie management WITHOUT add-ons/extensions. Dragon is the fastest, even faster than Chrome but it is NOT safer until it can block scripts and pop-ups. I like the name “Dragon” and I like the surfing speed even more but the security is hype, at least for now. Comodo did state that they will upgrade to a “Chromium 4” version near March, 2010 but they just upgraded from 1.0.0.5 to 1.0.0.9 and still no add-ons/extensions. If they are going to prove their “higher security”, they had better do it quickly. There is always the real Chrome(ium), Flock, Kmeleon, or Firefox(my favorite). If Comodo does get these options available, I will happily use Dragon(Holy Cow, it’s fast!) but until then, I need more security.

[b]Updated on Mar 26, 2010

SHAME ON YOU COMODO!!! In the EULA it states “information may be used for purposes other than the services”. Two, and here is the REAL truth about Comodo: “you will be issued a random generated user ID.” Comodo DID get rid of Google’s ID but they simply REPLACED IT WITH THEIR OWN. Proof positive: ANYTHING FROM GOOGLE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR… IS…SPYWARE!

[/b]

Version: Comodo Dragon 1.0.0.5

“I don’t agree with the agreement”

by calebstein on February 17, 2010

Pros: I didn’t get to use it, but I’d assume the privacy features would be a pro.
[b]
Cons: “Comodo does not collect any personal information without consent. Consent is obtained when customers are prompted for information while enrolling for a certificate, downloading a product, or requesting further information.”

Summary: “Comodo does not collect any personal information without consent. Consent is obtained when customers are prompted for information while enrolling for a certificate, downloading a product, or requesting further information.” That is an unacceptable first sentence of a privacy policy. [/b]

Why did I post these? Just because. :smiley:

Comodo DID get rid of Google's ID but they simply REPLACED IT WITH THEIR OWN.
That's funny :) I'd like for them to post the code in question that actully does that.
ANYTHING FROM GOOGLE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR... IS...SPYWARE!
There's only spyware in it until somebody removes that. :)

Like any browser, there’s still a some things a browser needs to know. (example)
Let’s say you want to go to yahoo.com to read the news. Your browser goes out the get the news you selected and it will send it back. (going from Point A to B to get the news, the Point B to A to send it back). It’ll need to know certain things about your computer other wise, how is it supposed to send it to the correct computer out of millions of computers out there. Without certain things you can’t surf the internet and you’ll be mad because you can’t go anywhere online.