Newest version blue screen crashes Windows XP when booting

Hi,

We have three computers and the only thing they have in common is a Nvidia geforce 7200GS graphics card. We have the latest drivers 181.22 downloaded from Nvidia’s web site. If we uninstall Version 3.5.57173.439 of Comodo
and install Comodo version 3.0.23.364 the crashes stop. All of the computers are running Windows XP SP3 with all of the updates. Help!

Hello and welcome to the forums CEB :slight_smile:

Could you please be more specific ? What version your are using ? Is it the newest BETA or the stable release of CIS ?

Could you also be more specific about the Blue Screens you saw ? What were the messages ? Could you also upload crash dumps ? :slight_smile: Thank you !

Thanks for your quick reply!

All three computers are running Windows XP SP3 with all the updates and Comodo Version 3.5.57173.439.

I sent the crash dumps to Nvidia and they said the firewall is causing the problem. I have my doubts with their explanation of the cause.

Could you please upload your crash dumps here ?

How often do you get Blue Screens ?

Have you tried disabling CIS ? (The Firewall and Defense+) Or even uninstalling CIS ? Do BSOD’s occur then ? :slight_smile:

I get blue screens about every fifth or sixth boot. If I uninstall Version 3.5.57173.439 of Comodo BSOD’s stop.
This number was on the BSOD 0x1000007e Thanks again for your help!

This is strange. I’ve been very happy with this final release since it came out. My BSODs went away (I was having them when accessing my CD/DVD drives with previous beta versions). This final release has been stable…until I recently installed a new nVidia video card. I’ve had a few random BSODs on bootup, but I’m unable to confirm that the problem is CIS, although I suspect that it is. I can’t reproduce the BSODs, they have been random. If they persist, I’ll try to gather more info…