Newbie needs help with uninstalling CFP 3.0.21.329

Some long time ago I installed CFP 3.0.21.329.

Since them, every so often a balloon pops up at the bottom of the screen that says:
Installation error
Updater module could not be located

It seems obvious that it’s not getting much less installing updates.

When I try to uninstall it (From Comodo > Firewall > Uninstall) I get this:
The procedure entry point_CreateFrameWork@0 could not be located in the dynamic link library framework.dll
and if I try from Control Panel > Add or remove programs, the screen blinks (refreshes?) and the system does nothing.

I want to either update it properly and have it work properly or uninstall it completely.

I looked around here and found this post:
Comprehensive Instructions for Complete Removal of Comodo Firewall Pro 3 with SafeSurf Toolbar [INFO]
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removin<br%20/>g_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html
and am a bit overwhelmed by it.

I’m having a great deal of difficulty following it – and even if I could, I’m not sure I could do some of the things it says.

In the six months since it’s been up there, has anyone come up with something else.
I really don’t want to reinstall XP…

How do I either uninstall it completely or make it work as it should?

It’s CFP 3.0.21.329.
I have a DSL connection.
Windows XP Pro, SP2
I’m admin
Also running:
Avast Antivirus 4.8
Win Patrol 15.0.2008.0:15.0.2008.0

Greetings!

There’s no need to manually do everything in the instructions. You can just download this file and run it:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17220.0;attach=16703

But remember, it’s only meant to remove left-over files and registry entries. And as a last way to uninstall CFP 3.

From your error message, it seems like framework.dll might be corrupted. Go to where you’ve installed CFP 3 (possibly C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall), and go into the repair-folder. Copy the framework.dll-file found in there, and replace the one in \Comodo\Firewall.
Run the uninstaller again, and see if it works.
You might also want to give Revo Uninstaller a try.
If none of them works, try using the batch file from the download location above.

Seeing as you’re using an older version, try downloading the latest version.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Do as Ragwing suggested but if you were having problems with Comodo its best to use the most recent version.