New version is really buggy!

Installing it was fine and all but when selecting in attack detection settings do packet checksum verification. The internet stops dead likewise for selecting proactive security, So I am reduced to having the firewall on internet security without packet checksum verification. Weird when I have had NO such problems with all builds of the firewall untill this one.

Operating system: Windows 7 b7000 32bit
Other security software: None
CIS version: 3.8.64263.468

Antivirus security level: Enabled
Firewall security level: Custom Policy Mode
Defense+ security level: Safe Mode

I can reproduce this issue. I guess this is caused because there were some modifications in this version for firewall in Vista.

What's New in this version? (...) NEW! Native Vista Firewall - Improved Firewall with Windows Vista enhancements

Other firewall’s Attack Detection Settings:

Protect the ARP cache: Enabled
Block Gratuitous ARP Frames: Enabled
Do protocol analysis: Enabled

why on Earth would you need Checksum Verification???!!!

Why would you not? It is there to be used so why not? Anyway the same issue happens if you change from comodo internet security to comodo proactive security the internet dies in the same way

I’m not seeing any problem on Win XP.

Might be the “improvements” that has happened to the firewall for vista may be to blame

My problems above have been fixed, try a fix by Egeman which is Disable TCP task offloading in the registry of the host computer. To do this, follow these steps.

1 Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2 Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
3 Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. (32 bit DWORD for 32 bit systems)
4 Type DisableTaskOffload as the entry name, and then press ENTER.
5 Right-click DisableTaskOffload, and then click Modify.
6 In the Value data box, type a value of 1, and then click OK.
7 Quit Registry Editor.
8 Restart your computer.

Yes, it fixed the issue for me either. Another workaround is to manually disable TCP and UDP Checksum Offload options on my NIC ( Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller). Well, I leave the checksum verification to the NIC. If I understood it correctly it does basically the same thing as Comodo Firewall and offloads the CPU.