New User's questions

Hi!

I a new user of Comodo Firewall.
Let me ask some questions:

Comoso installed a “Trustx” folder to Program Files folder which contains a certificate file.
What is this for?

I read on the internet that this firewall contains a virus, and a spam mail is also comes with the activation email. I hope it’s a joke.

It isn’t contains any spyware or virus is it?

G’day,

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

The Trustix folder was riased a couple of months ago, but I can’t, for the life of me, remember the response. I’ll have a hunt around and postthe link when I find it.

Does the firewall contain a virus?
Categorically NO! I would imagine that Comodo would love to talk to anyone saying that it does.

Spam mail comes with the activation email? When you download a Comodo product, you have to supply an email address. Comodo will only send two emails for each requested download. One is a ZERO VALUE order form, from their online processing system. The other is the activation code email. Only two.

Is there spyware or viruses in it? No. None at all.

Hope all this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi!

Thank You for the answer.
Well that Comodo Firewall contains virus is sounds really silly. And It’s sounds unbelievable for me too.
But I thought that the best is to ask Comodo Team about this. :slight_smile:

By the way I’m very satisfied with Comodo. :slight_smile: Good work! (:CLP)

The next time you encounter someone that say that Comodo Firewall has a built in virus and/or spyware, just ask them for some proof… :wink:

:smiley: Ok. I will do.

An other question. I found this post on Pcflank forum:

“I also found an entry in my BIOS that Comodo put in. It was removed when i uninstalled it, but if the uninstall goes wrong you run the risk of a corrupt bios, and a wrecked motherboard”

It is also false is it?

I tried to ask the user who post this, but he/she not replied.

Umm, an entry to the BIOS? I don’t think it’s possible… I’ll certainly see what the experts say, but when I did an update on my BIOS from the manufacturer, I had to create a flash file on floppy that did an update on the BIOS.

CPF does create a Boot routine to monitor and protect your system, but this is very different from a BIOS modification.

The main thing to remember, I think, is a lot of people don’t know a lot about what goes on with their computer, and if something happens that they don’t understand, they blame something else that they don’t understand (especially if someone else who’s misguided points them in that direction). So if it smells like a fish, and it looks like a fish, chances are good it’s a fish (rather than a horse)… (uh, no pun intended here, BlackFish, I just chose “fish” because it’s easy to tell a fish from a horse…)

LM

Looks like a horse but smells like a fish… (:TNG)
http://www.clipartunlimited.com/clipart/animals/5-159.php

Paul Wynant
Moscow, Russia

LOL, I’m not saying it can’t be true, just unlikely… :smiley: Anything’s possible, but if you can’t see the forest for the trees…

No problem :smiley: I understand what You want to tell me with the fish and horse :smiley:
I know that to edit BIOS I need a flash file on a floppy but this post I found is very confusing.
And I don’t know it’s true or not true.

"I also found an entry in my BIOS that Comodo put in. It was removed when i uninstalled it, but if the uninstall goes wrong you run the risk of a corrupt bios, and a wrecked motherboard"

LOL! :BNC

"I also found an entry in my BIOS that Comodo put in. It was removed when i uninstalled it, but if the uninstall goes wrong you run the risk of a corrupt bios, and a wrecked motherboard"

OK. Listen closely, here’s the plan. You are to meet up with Dorothy and go quickly to the end of the yellow brick road. There you will meet a man. Tell him you need a brain.

ROFLMFAO!!! (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH)

(:LGH) Ok.

Please forgive my questions, I’m a very security maniac :smiley: And if I read or hear an information that a software I use is do something strange I go crazy :smiley: And then I must ask the truth from the competent.

BlackFish

Hi BlackFish

You’ve done the right thing, when in doubt the best thing to do is ask.

The BIOS statement is so silly, that I can only assume that the original poster is either joking or typed BIOS when they actually meant something more sensible, like the Registry.

You can ask as many questions you like BlackFish.
The “LOL!” wasn’t aimed at you. It was aimed at the poster you quoted.
Sorry about that.

Hey Blackfish,

Please understand, I was not laughing at you, I was laughing at the poster you quoted. Keep asking questions - thats how we all learn.

Again, my sincerest apologies if you misunderstood my posting.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I know that the "lol"s is not for me. :smiley:

My post is to explain why I asked these questions based on silly posts :smiley:

BlackFish (Chris)

GOOD! ;D