New User for Comodo Firewall Pro

Hello chaps

I have just yesterday registered for Comodo Firewall Pro having left McAfee Internet Security Suite behind because of their exhorbitant costs.
Comodo was recommended to me by pcadvisor.com forum and so I downloaded it last night and now its running.

I am now concerned because each time I log on it seems to tell me that I am at risk.

For example tonight it logged 3 high severity events but I dont know how I am supposed to know whether I should have allowed access (I dont know which are necessary for AOL or Windows XP to run efficiently.

Tonights 3 events relate to “suspicious behaviour” according to the log for below software which is trying to or is running.

aoltpspd.exe
waol.exe
Dsagnt.exe

And yesterday

aolsoftware.exe
aoltpspd.exe

These happen when I connect to AOL broadband.

Can someone tell me how am I to know what is safe and what isnt as McAfee never raised all these
concerns or questions.

Thanks

Andy C

Welcome to the forums, Andy (:WAV)

Now you know there was more at stake than just cost, with McAfee - it didn’t tell you when things were trying to connect to the internet… :wink:

It sounds like (from your choice of words) these alerts relate to Application Behavior Analysis (ABA), an integral part of CFP’s defenses. Seeing the log will give us more info. That said, will you do this:

Go to Activity/Logs.

Right-click an entry and select “Export to HTML.” Save the file.

Reopen the file. Highlight these alert entries in their entirety, right-click and Copy.

Paste the Copied information into your next post here. It will show as text in the same format as the original HTML file. If your external IP address shows up in there (it will match the IP address showing in the bottom right corner of your posts here), you may edit/mask it with “x” for privacy.

Then we’ll take a look at that and see what we see…

LM

Hi, if you’re not sure of an app trying to access you can always click deny but not tick ‘remember this answer’ and do a google search on it.
For instance; Dsagnt.exe

Description: dsagnt.exe is a process belonging to Dell Support which offers additional support and update features for your Dell computer or laptop. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems
Then the next time you get a popup at least you will have an idea if it's legit or not and if you want to allow and create a rule. Hope this helps.