New to Comodo AV, Can someone explain initial scan results?

Hi guys (and Gals),

I used to use Comodo Firewall on my old machine with XP, but with my new build I’ve gone to Win 7 64bit and thought I’d try the Comodo security suite. The results of the initial scan have come in and there is a lot of Heur.Suspicious@xxxxxxxxx results. I presume this is the AV using a heuristic algorythm to analyse what it thinks the file might be? The thing is mostof these files seem to be genuine. Here’s a quick list.
mididef.exe (creative SB XFI) on my new C drive.

All these others are on my old XP boot drive which is now my D drive while I sort out whats gonna stay and what I still need to boot into XP for.
Saitek_R660_Force_Wheel_SD6_00000040_32_Drivers_pfw.exe (Driver for my FF Wheel)
PhysXSoftBodies_by_KennethBugeja.exe (Part of NVidia power Pack 2)
rtaf.exe (NVidia Hardpage)
info.exe (NVidia Hardpage)
avp2patch1096.exe (Patch for AVP 2)
uninst.exe (LCD Studio uninstaller)
Uninstal Gallardo Challenge.exe (rFactor add on)

All of these were downloaded from reputable sites (Nvidia, Saitek, Creative official sites, and the others from Forums, recomendations or official support sites) The only forums I use are Bit Tech, Tom’s Hardwar, and Extreme Overclockers.

Is there something else I can use to scan these files or is this just an example of the heuristics being overly cautious?

https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/how-to-report-false-positives-please-read-this-before-submitting-t44473.0.html
This link should be more then helpfull

Please report these files here as False Positives:

Yes, Comodo’s AV is relatively false positive prone, but they will fix these quickly when you report them. Usually the problem will be fixed within a few hours. They will also send you an email with the analysis of whether the files were malicious or not.

Chances are they are all false positives. I have found that except for the initial scan there are relatively few false positives that Comodo will find. Still, better to produce a few false positives then to let dangerous files reach your computer. I would recommend scanning your computer with the heuristics set to high and then report everything that it finds as false positives. This way there will be no surprises in the future.

Moving to FP board…

Hi Redsnake77,

Please submit the detected files at Comodo Antivirus Database | Submit Files for Malware Analysis and we will verify them. In case they confirm as false-positive, we will fix the issue.

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

Submitting them now. Thank you all for your help and advice.

OK, they were all quarantined so I submitted the from within the software. Will I get an email letting me know what the results are?

Hello Redsnake77,

The fastest way to have the files verified is by submitting them as false-positives on our web form. Make sure you write your email address in the corresponding box and you’ll receive a response with the conclusion.

Also, you can mention here the detection name and, if possible, we’ll identify respective files and check them.

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

The problem with using the form is that the files have been moved to the Quarantine folder and Comodo Will not allow access to it. Is there a work around, or do I just restore the files back to their orginal locations and then use the form? But then what happens if they are genuinely virus’s or malware?

Thanks for such quick replies guys.

I believe you have to restore them. If your firewall is set to either proactive or paranoid you shouldn’t have a problem as long as no rules were created for them. Merely ensure this and after you restore they can’t do any damage even if they are malware.

Also you will need to disable your AV when you restore them or they will merely be detected again.