New Security Patches coming Tues Jun/10/08

I use it for Outlook Webmail (my university), and a webshop (which is ironic since I want security when shopping online) - gotta get my Italian espresso. ;D

LA

No no, c’mon, the question here is:

You still HAVE IE installed on your system, LA and Soya?

Now reading: Tales from the crypt.

(:KWL)

That might be the reason why your OS install CD’s are still so BLOATED.

(:TNG)

I have a ■■■■■■ browser for a good reason. So I’m interested in the patches. But I have no idea why Soya has IE 6 left, and I guess you’ve removed it REBOL…

(:CLP)

LA

BTW LA, it seems you have difficulty on how to determine which patch applies to your SP3. You’re probably looking at it from the wrong angle. I thought I showed you how already:

1. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS08-031.mspx
  2. Scroll down and click on the link, e.g. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (950759)
  3. You’ve reached the page that organizes each particular version of that patch and how each corresponds to the affected software version including OS and SP versions.

As illustrated below, the Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 in purple (because it’s the default colour for accessed links in Opera) shows that both of them (for SP2 and SP3) actually lead to the same page. Therefore this patch applies to both of us.

[attachment deleted by admin]

That’s a funny question coming from you. It was you who recommended to leave it in the nLited thread 88) since it could result in undesirable repercussions.

Now let’s not start another locking session due to !ot! ness.

OMG, even Soya’s PC is infected by this long known malware…

???

Thanks for this reminder. :slight_smile: I realize that I did check the details when I downloaded the patch yesterday. :-TU Completely forgot about that. During the discussion this evening (at least we’ve got evening here, even night), I only checked the main page - which wasn’t really sufficient but rather confusing.

LA

Hey M :wink: So how you update Comodo’s Firewall and Windows without Internet Explorer ? 88)

That's a funny question coming from you. It was you who recommended to leave it in the nLited thread Roll Eyes since it could result in undesirable repercussions.

Well, I have to CONFESS it is possible, but you’ll have to try yourself which of those proggies won’t run after removal.
So I’ve never been recommending the removal of IE officially. And I still wouldn’t recommend it to the average user out there seeking help. I am quite sure that does NOT necessarily apply to both of you, though.

But…if LA says he needs it for some (above mentioned) reasons, I’ll recommend to keep IE, of course.
Yet…only if no alternative is available to him. There are many reasons to remove IE. And, for many people, there are even more reasons to keep it. It all depends on your personal needs.

:■■■■

REBOL! !ot!

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/bestrecommended_nlite_configurations-t12467.0.html;msg169494#msg169494

:wink:

LA

Hey M Wink So how you update Comodo's Firewall and Windows without Internet Explorer ? Roll Eyes
  1. Buy a second PC. (This answer intends to be cryptic.)
  2. You are, of course, able to manually update windows.

PS: Sorry LA, now I consider myself having been warned by my wise friend.

Well, I’ll keep my Explorer 7, cos I need it to view my University’s webpage :slight_smile: Opera and FF can’t render it correctly :frowning: Plus - even vLite doesn’t recommend to remove it :slight_smile: Many apps depend on it, so I’ll keep it, just almost never use it ;D

Many apps depend on it, so I'll keep it, just almost never use it

That’s what I’d indeed recommend to most people out there.

Now back on topic!