New searchbar gets text in wrong encoding

Hi Comodo, thank you much for CID, and especially you started to release new versions faster than it happened before. But there is a bug in new right side pop-up search-bar. I select piece of text in UTF-8 encoding, Russian symbols and try to translate it via ‘translate’ button in this searchbar. It catches selected text in wrong way, so in result I have some strange symbols in google translate input form, which can’t translated to anywhere.

Hello,

Could you provide the exact source of the text you attempted to translate and provide a link?
Also add a list of installed extensions and plugins so we can investigate for possible issues.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I don’t think posting list of extensions here is a good idea, I can send it through private message thought, but examples of error are easy:
that is random page in Russian http://news.rambler.ru/22745909/ I select word ‘разместить’ drop to translate button, in google translate I get ‘ðàçìåñòèòü’ instead of ‘разместить’. That is simple random word on random page example.
The same is here Ой! I select ‘магазин’ and get ‘ìàãàçèí’

By the way it is good if you add support of hyperlink text translation possibility in this function. It seems to me people need as much or even more than simple text translation.

Hello,

The issue didn’t reproduce for us when testing with UTF-8 encoded text. It is possible that there is a system variable that is impeding the extension’s functionality. If you don’t feel comfortable posting the list of installed extensions on the forum you can send me a private message or you can test it yourself by disabling other extensions.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I disabled all my extensions, there was only DragAndDrop 26.0.0.1 which is this drag&drop panel I suppose, and I still the same result, wrong encoding. I thought the problem is I use Russian Win 7 and English CID, can it be the source of that problem?

Hello,

Yes, this could be the source of the problem. Would you be able to verify this and let us know of any developments?

Regards.