New Private Network /w DSL Modem [Resolved]

I’m sure this is a dumb question because I can’t find an answer.

I have a little LAN behind a DSL router. Hence, I checked the “I would like to be fully assessable…” in step 2 of this last installation applet.

I need to configure the V3 Firewall for a friend with a simple DSL Modem hanging on his Ethernet port. Will he need to check this box to access the Internet? I’m confused about External/Internal IPs with regard to a single computer with a simple DSL modem.

Thanks.

I also just have a simple DSL modem using ethernet. I don’t recall having to enable the “I would like to be fully acessible…” option. Once your friend first runs CFP 3 after installation, there should be one alert (just one) that states somethin’ like “Comodo Firewall has detected a new network…”. That one has be allowed to connect to the internet. That alert comes up based on the assumption that you enabled the option to let CFP automatically detect new networks (since my setup is simple I don’t have additional network devices, I later disabled the option)

Thanks for the reply. I’m still a little confused though.

>Once your friend first runs CFP 3 after installation, there should be one alert (just one) that states somethin’ like “Comodo Firewall has detected a new network…”. That one has be allowed to connect to the internet.

Yes. That’s the one that contains the “I would like to be fully acessible…” option. Do I need to tick it? I only get one chance unless I uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.

What do you mean one chance? As long as this option is enabled, CFP will alert until that network has been allowed, which will then be auto registered in the My Network Zones. Even if otherwise, you can manually add it yourself. That option is only a convenience for most users.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok. I see. But the simplest thing is to tick the box when it prompts you. Else the machine won’t have access to the Internet via the DSL Modem right away. - Correct (Y/N)? As I said before, I’m a dummy when it comes to Stand Alone DSL Modems. Sorry.

This is the kind of alert you mean:

I found that pic in the Italian board.

Sorry. Now I remember what you mean. That option only applies if your friend’s DSL modem is connected to a local network. But since I think you mean it’s just a modem to PC, then your friend should not enable it.

Cool. Isn’t that pic one of the towers in Dubai? Pretty anyway. :slight_smile:

Yes. He has a simple [Computer] → [DSL Modem] → [Phone Line] configuration. I don’t want to let the world see him. I even intend to block Ping Requests.

No idea. It’s from the international sub-forum

If the default options are taken, this is covered.

Since your question is answered, closing down thread. (:m*)