New Network Zone?

Everytime I turn on my dsl modem and my router and then my (desktop)pc I get this new network zone pop up and it’s a diff ip I don’t know why this is happening and I have never experience this before. As for my laptop it never gotten any sort of new network zone pop up. Any ideas?

Go to miscellaneous/settings and uncheck “automatically notify me of new private networks” and see if that helps.

I checked the IP and apparently it’s my ip that keeps on popping up but I have a router so why is this happening? It only happens on my desktop… as for my laptop it uses the ip of the router so shouldn’t be my desktop do the same thing?

I think that either the Modem/Router doesn’t have a fix IP address or that windows is having trouble connecting to it so Windows creates it’s own ip address to resolve the issue.

Eric

It never happened before and I haven’t touched any of the settings so I have no idea why it came up now. I used to be able to go online with just the router ip. I can’t get online with my desktop but my laptop is fine… ???

I reinstalled comodo and for some reason a new network still keeps popping up but for some reason it has a diff ip now even though I have a router. Need help pls…

Heres the IP: 169.254.83.

169.254.xx.xx is definately windows assigning an IP address to access your router. Do check that your router is in range and that youre connecting to it properly.

Eric

Everything is wired so any other ideas as to why this would happen?

I have also seen alot of blocked intrusions regarding my ip and my routers ip is that normal or do I have to do some kind of adjusting?

It may be that your winsock is corrupted. You could try WinsockFix WinSock XP Fix - fix XP internet connectivity

Here’s why your getting 169.254…

" If your local IP address is returned as 169.254.y.z with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, the IP address was assigned by the Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) feature of Windows XP Professional. This assignment means that TCP/IP is configured for automatic configuration, that no DHCP server was found, and that no alternative configuration is specified. This configuration has no default gateway for the interface. "

Can you also check and make sure that Windows Firewall is DISABLED? CPF3 doesn’t turn off Windows Firewall on my XP Pro SP2 when I installed it.

Eric

I installed the fix and yes xp firewall was still on so I turned it off. Thanks! I hope it doesn’t come up again at 1st I thought someone was trying to connect to my comp ???

I got some more questions but I don’t like to make another topic cause it might look like I’m flooding the forums hehe

Is it best if I add my router ip and my laptop ip to “My Network Zones”? I’ve been getting alot of…

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5143/alertszg7.th.jpg

Not a problem… You should just have your own IP Address and your Loopback address. See attached.

Eric

[attachment deleted by admin]

So those blocked events are normal? No need to add my router ip and laptop ip?

Those alerts used to occur in previous versions. What version of CPF 3 are you running?

Do you have the Loopback Rule in your Trusted Zones?

Eric

I’m using 3.0.22.349

Yes I do have the loop back in my trusted zone. Is this the router chatter thing that I read before?

Now I got blocks from

Windows OPerating System IGMP from my ip to 224.0.0.XX

Vista is such a pain or I guess it’s just me not being tech savvy.

It’s a bit early in the morning for me to figure this one out. Do you have any applications Blocked in your Network Security Policy?

Eric

No blocked apps everything is just set on outgoing…